Senate Hearing on Regional Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Now thats funny....
Look Airlines have been squeezing money from generous pilot scheduling for years.....pay back is hell

The reason Regional airlines have more failures is not necessarily experience. Frankly its money.
Training is a cost and majors are willing to spend more then regionals because contracts regulate training and failures more at that level then a regional where its failures are looked upon not as a programs deficiency but rather an individuals failure and more times then not the individual is shown the door rather then scheduling more training.

The guy I went in the sim with here at Flex is an early retire from the majors. The training we got was twice what I got at the regional. When we finished, he told me that was the hardest program he had ever been through. I think you may be onto something.

The ironony is that people with less experience are less likely to have had a blemish on their training record.

Take a pilot with 10,000 hours and worked at 5 airlines compared to a pilot with 300 hours and no airline experience. Which pilot is more likely to have had a blemish on their training record?

Finally a person with some sense

Well Sh!t I failed my Inst. check ride, I guess I need to throw my 1000 hours out the window and apply to mcdonalds or maybe work for the FAA!!!

You are right!!

People are stupid. You get what you pay for.....period. It's cliche but it's true. $100K a year gets you a comfortable, experienced, well rested, happy pilot. $18K gets you an inexperienced, tired, commuting across the country b/c they can't afford to live in base, never seen IFR, never seen ice pilot.

Time to get rid of the time builders and 40 year old mid-life crisis pilots that made all their money being accountants and lawyers. This is a profession and we should be paid that way. What if pilots changed their minds and became lawyers and said they would work for 5 bucks an hour because they just love litigation, or they did taxes for everybody for free, because accountimg is awesome. What would happen to them?? We could bring down an entire industry just like they did. Bottom line, we need dedicated, trained pilots, that don't work for peanuts. Get rid of ALPO and let every company have their own union.

It is funny how that old big eared troll senator did not have a clue about anything, yet he speaks like such a big thing. He is concerned because of trainee controllers and pilots. Excuse me Mr. Troll senator, where you born a senator, or did you had also a first day as a senator?

What if pilots changed their minds and became lawyers and said they would work for 5 bucks an hour because they just love litigation

Where you been?

Flightinfo is full of pilots litigating every issue you can think of, loudly, and for free. Pro bono? I'm getting the lingo down already!

Looks like the House Aviation sub committee Chairman Costello will propose legislation requiring an ATP for first officers. Let's see if it comes to fruition.

Latest resources

Back