• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Senate Hearing on Regional Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A large portion of this would be fixed by a simple clarification of the regulations. The biggest example of this is reduced rest. Reduced rest was NEVER meant to be used as a damn scheduling tool!!! It was there so if weather, maintenence, etc. caused a delay then a crew could go on reduced rest once in a blue moon and not completely screw up an entire day of scheduling due to rest issues. Scumbag management has simply decided this is a nice way to squeeze more pennies out of their labor and stuff more in their pocket.

You don't want me to commute? Fine. Pay me enough of a damn livable wage to live in my base. You CAN'T live in EWR on $18K a year. Hell, the F/O was living in Seattle because that's where here parents lived and that was all she could afford. What the hell do you THINK is going to happen if you pay somebody nothing? You can't blame her for that......she simply lived the only place her wages would allow.

People are stupid. You get what you pay for.....period. It's cliche but it's true. $100K a year gets you a comfortable, experienced, well rested, happy pilot. $18K gets you an inexperienced, tired, commuting across the country b/c they can't afford to live in base, never seen IFR, never seen ice pilot.

To the honorable gentlemen senators from whereever, use your FCKIGN BRAINS.

Honorable....pfffftt.

I've been forced into 4 bases in 5 years, should I move to each one. I own a house have a kid and wife. Really should I move everytime I get displaced. You're smart like a senator

Is that your wife in your avatar? Or kid possibly?

Don't get your hopes up. They're still working on steroids in MLB.

If you live in base willthe FAA/Airline require you to be home 12 hours before your show? Come home early from vacation. Not visit your parents late on the evening before you work? No evening movie? What if your kid wakes you up in the middle of the night? The unintended consquences of something like this is enormous. Add in the number of pilots/flight attendants that commute and it is instantly unworkable.

No they will assigned crew rest rooms on site, you will have to check in 8 hours prior to your flight. Call dispatch, find out which bunk, like bunk 5B, use your swipe card and be in the room by the assigned time, no TV, no books, and only rest.

The ironony is that people with less experience are less likely to have had a blemish on their training record.

Take a pilot with 10,000 hours and worked at 5 airlines compared to a pilot with 300 hours and no airline experience. Which pilot is more likely to have had a blemish on their training record?

A very good point.

No they will assigned crew rest rooms on site, you will have to check in 8 hours prior to your flight. Call dispatch, find out which bunk, like bunk 5B, use your swipe card and be in the room by the assigned time, no TV, no books, and only rest.

Do you think conjugal visits will be allowed?

I'll take that in a heart beat, 8 hr vaction and it would have to be paid. No honey to do list, 8 solid hrs of sleep sign me up

Latest resources

Back