Semper Fi Lt. Col. Oliver North

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
wil said:
Well Robert Hass (sp?) was shot down flying a cargo plane with supplies for the Contra's, Nicaragua's FREEDOM FIGHTERS!!

Uhhhhhh, wil, Robert Hass is the Poet Laureate of the United States. Eugene Hasenfus was the guy captured by the Sandinistas, and he wasn't flying, he was the cargo kicker. May we assume that the rest of your post is equally accurate?

Hey, Flywithastick...

that's why they call this board category "general".
Check this out.... "General
General aviation related discussion that doesn't fall into a sub-category below" Does that makes sense to you, or do you want me to type slower?

Re: Hey, Flywithastick...

Dieterly said:
Check this out.... "General
General aviation related discussion that doesn't fall into a sub-category below" Does that makes sense to you, or do you want me to type slower?
Well, been posting here for a while. Since when does this category consist of only aviation topics? Looks like about 6 on the front page not specifically aviation related.

Besides, who made you the board police? Let ME type slowly for you... k i s s m y a # # ! :)

Has anybody seen the HBO movie "Doublecrossed"?

It is a True story of Barry Seal a drug running pilot turn informant.

Long story short, Barry seal turns informant for the DEA and get put in the witness protection program becuase of some big fish he was able to bring in for the DEA.

In the movie Ollie North is head of some office in Washington, I'm not sure which one and he finds out about Barry Seal about to turn in a big ring leader and breaks it to the press before the deal is done. Anyway it gets Barry Seal killed for it becuase of Ollie wanting the peice of the catch.

The movie was still for rent at Blockbuster a few years ago, also some good flying seens in it.

Its a pretty good movie.

The story I always heard was that some photos from Seals' plane were released to the press, and he was whacked about 4 hours later at the YMCA in Lafayette, LA. Was that what they showed in the movie?

Ok A Squared I got the guys name wrong. The rest is in the history books (those that have not been altered to the lib view!). The Sandanistas lost twice in their bid to regain power. Where were the liberals then? Obviously, Ronaldus Maximus was correct!!

Huck said:
The story I always heard was that some photos from Seals' plane were released to the press, and he was whacked about 4 hours later at the YMCA in Lafayette, LA. Was that what they showed in the movie?

Yes, that is what was depicted in the movie, it all stemed from Ollie.

In the movie they show Ollie going over the pics and for some reason he was going public with them. I think several people tried to stop him but he did it anyway.

Hey Kingair thanks, I'll check it out.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back