• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Seen today...most dangerous jobs...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ask the Alaska guys who went in off of SBA with all souls onboard, how that last cup of MickyD coffee was. Mechanic phukks up we die, you keep telling yourself how soft and doughy this job is. Its all about selling yourself short, this industry has always been about profit and big money, and the pilots are always expendable. Managment isn't your friend, they are the enemy, they would have you flying pax while sitting on a milk crate, and wearing goggles to save money for their bonus plan instead of seat and window overhauls. Don't like your pay? Look in the mirror, the problem will be staring you in the face.
PBR
PBR

Put Down the PBR Mav You're holdin on too tight. Sorry to ruffle your fragile self image as a daredevil.

Many of the young pukes don't realize the danger. Maybe someone died during flight training. That is as close as they get.

I have flown 11 airplanes in my career that someone else has crashed after I flew them. Out of the 16 pilots 10 were killed in the crashes.

I am furloughed now, but the big difference is I have been doing this for 16 years, and I have a family. I am older and am not in a rush to build time. I just assume do something else than expose myself to GA bullsh!t. I hope I can atleast get in a turbine.

So, take out:
1. Firebombing
2. Banner towing
3. Flight instruction
4. Freight Dogs
5. Piston engines
6. Alaska

then it's pretty safe.

CE

Paper cuts from the release that get infected by dirty flight controls.

So, take out:
1. Firebombing
2. Banner towing
3. Flight instruction
4. Freight Dogs
5. Piston engines
6. Alaska

then it's pretty safe.

CE

Yea, but add in military to that list and just about everybody has done that kind of work, in my case 4 out of six to get to their "Cushy job". Unless you bought your 121 job you have probably walked through the valley of death a couple times.

Maybe you should be. FEDEX has the worst accident rate of any 121 carrier over the last 12 years.

Latest resources

Back