• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Seeking Some Jet Blue Information

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I finished IOE on the 190 end of March and I am in the top third of reserves for may in JFK. I will be on the bubble for a line in June or July. I also have been able to trade every reserve day I wanted this month and have all weekends off.

Not too bad for about 2 months worth of seniority.

I finished IOE on the 190 end of March and I am in the top third of reserves for may in JFK. I will be on the bubble for a line in June or July. I also have been able to trade every reserve day I wanted this month and have all weekends off.

Not too bad for about 2 months worth of seniority.

Sounds like you know how to use FLICA!:)

January hires got flushed back to reserve...

Less block hours or senior guys not bidding reserve?
Or higher bid divisor...

January hires got flushed back to reserve...

Less block hours or senior guys not bidding reserve?
Or higher bid divisor...

Higher bid divisor so they would have more reserve coverage in May. I think there ended up being about 9 less lines or so on the 320 in JFK. The block hours did go up for May but not by much.

A Few Questions for Jet Blue Pilots
I had a few questions about quality of life at Jet Blue during the first few years there , and general movement in seniority , as well as upgrade times.

1. How long would you anticipate reserve to be in JFK, BOS on either plane?

2. Once off reserve how many days off would you get , and would this improve or stay the same.

3. Do you have 1,2,3,and 4 day trips and what does an average 4 day pay in hours?

4. How are the current upgrade times and will this slow up ?

5. What are the growth plans , how many more Airbus deliveries , EMB deliveries, and how many pilots will they top out at?

Here's some info for ya. Jet Blue is actually spelled Jetblue; one word, one capital letter. jetBlue is a wordmark and is only used in signage, never in written form. Never, ever is it Jet Blue. I don't think I would want to write a cover letter spelled wrong.

Sorry, that's all I know.

How many pilots is Jetblue hiring this year ? I interviewed about a year ago and got shot down. Is the hiring rate better on the second time through ?

Latest resources

Back