See you Monday!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NJAowner

Many of you doubt me in public. Some of you now believe me in private. I am flying on Monday. No family; business trip. I will certainly wonder if some of you are flying me; maybe vice versa. I DO know you are professional and great pilots. I sincerely hope we all have a safe day. If your lead passenger is not pompous or not obnoxious, it could be me! Just don't complain about the catering.

Note ... more than one of you sent me a PM that Owner Services may have lied when they told me the pilot said I complained about the meal in that certain flight whoich generated many a post reply. I acknowledge that may be possible.

Go Devils!! Last time the Mighty Ducks won a championship Emiolio Estavez (sic) was the coach.

I may be mistaken, but as far as I know EJM is simply a management company managing aircraft for corporations or private individuals. Given that these aircraft are typically owned by a single company or individual, the chances of the airplane being sold is always high. When you have an aircraft owned by 8 fractional owners, the sh*& really has to hit the fan before the aircraft is sold and pilots let go.

Jolimon said:
I may be mistaken, but as far as I know EJM is simply a management company managing aircraft for corporations or private individuals.
EJM is foremost a charter company. The managed a/c are managed under that certificate. Until recently, they owned approx 10 aircraft dedicated to both charter and NetJets support.

"NJAowner" don't you have to alter some tax records, embezzle money or fire employees like other normal NetJet customers?

abenaki

Limo drivers for professional services and by private individuals are paid between $70K-$80K yet the average pilot as discussed earns a little over half of that.

I had to do this after I lost my flying job, and I can tell you, noone is making that money legally driving a limo.

At the risk of getting third degree burns on my rear again becuase I post things some of the pilot on this board don't want to hear, let me add these thoughts which summarize or clarified some of what I have posted. I have had good PM conversations with so of you to whom I have sent a similar message.

As I have said many a time, most owners have no idea what the pilots get paid. I bet you that the vast majority of owners think a NJA pilot with over 1 year of experience makes over $100K. I'll start my own informal survey with other owners I know.

I have been eternally flamed for suggesting the pilots and union thnk outside the box. In a very classy, non-personal, non-direct informative way, bring the issues to the knowledge but not decision of the owner (all being careful not to tarnish NJA). Even though most NJA owners I know would not think of using another frax, don't trash NJA. However, I get flamed when I suggest owners may be willing to pay a little more because of safety, better quality of pilots, etc. Your bretheren who bash me think that you are a fungible commodity and the owners do not care. But, owners will pay the extra $$ when it affects them and their family/colleagues. Cases in point (of course there are exceptions). Does the CEO pay the same hourly wage to the people who watch his children/grandchildren as compared with the company supported day care in a building or factory? Does the CEO stay in Motel 6 for $36 per diem or does he stay at the Ritz Carlton, or atleast a Sheraton, Hyatt or Hilton if one is in town? Does the CEO's secretary get paid as much (or more) than the secretary for the assisant director of human resources in the Podunk office? If an old chair and desk is good for middle management, what does the CEOs furniture look like? Or on your point, why does the CEO's limo driver make more than the cmpany's truck drivers. Get the point? When it affects the CEO or his family directly, he will pay more for what he wants. If you make the owners appreciate the pilots, they may pass the word along to NJA, and as long as N JA can increase their profits or have them remain stable, it is in their favor as well. The point is not to make owners feel that the planes are unsafe (bad for all) but we all recognize that there always is a risk with flying. Pay more to reduce risk. Even if there is a 1 in a million chance, when it comes to their lives, a CEO may (probably will) pay an extra $1000 per month to get it to the 1 in 4 million risk level. I do not know actual numbers anyomore, but did research and actual FAA numbers on incidents on commercial airlines, corp. planes, and then a subset of private aviation was the frax. The frax are like 4-5x safer than other g.a. jets and commercial. Increase the safety margin. Very, very few owners (and no one that I know) are at a point where a few more dollars will break the bank. By the way, when I say CEO I also mean private business owners like myself. I am not at, nor do I ever intend to be, at a public company.

Not justifying it, but salaries in many careers are not in line with risk, pressure and training. I know waiters and maitre d's in fine dining establishments who make well into the 6 figures. I know car salesman who easily make $150K, and the guys who drive the Zamboni in Madison Square Garden for all 41 Ranger games and a few days of Ice Capades and Disney on Ice make over $100K each, plus benefits.

And you are right, unfortunately, the pilots are the face of NJA and spend the most amount of "owner time" and therefore take the heat from many owners (not me).

Have a good 4th of July!

(and now I will put on my flame resistant shorts!)

abenaki ???

Let's all sing

Oh where oh where did abenaki go?
Where oh where can he be?

How amazed I am -- he starts a dialogue addressed to me, I respond, he responds to me and then deletes his original post and response. Now mine looks out of context.

I guess I am Major Anthony Nelson and he is Jeannie and he just blinked??

NJAowner said:
But, owners will pay the extra $$ when it affects them and their family/colleagues... Or on your point, why does the CEO's limo driver make more than the cmpany's truck drivers. Get the point? When it affects the CEO or his family directly, he will pay more for what he wants.

Sounds like a pilot negotiating his own contract... ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back