• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Security Friendly Shoes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All if not most of the security checkpoints all state that shoes must be removed. So.... are we as pilots in uniform exempt from this rule?

Only place that has made me take my shoes off while in uniform is a Jack*** TSA agent in JFK. The rest don't care. I have Deer Stag's, last long time...and cheap like 50 bucks.

Uniformed crew are exempt unless you beep. The ultimate boot is the Justin Roper. You need to get the model 3170 to be airport friendly. About $110 online.

I have a pair of Ecco shoes and they are great. They are a bit spendy, however. But, they are comfortable and last a long time.

Don't forget to write the shoes off on your taxes.

I Agree with Rivoli, my Justin's Ropers are very comfortable and have a graphite shank instead of steel. Cowboy Corner in MEM usually has them in stock.

Eccos all the way. Had mine for almost three years now and they still look great and never set off any metal detector. The outsole is very good as well for skydrol and whatever else you might step in on the ramp.

Go to the sketchers website, not sure what mine are but they are the square toe and the web site says if they are airport friendly or not. Plus they were only $50-60.

Ditto. It's 'Skechers' tho. The insert was annoying, get some gel soles to replace those.

Good shoe all around except for that.

$55ish at the Galleria in IAH.

theroblog.com

I've had Deerstags for over 3 years now. Just getting ready to buy a new pair. A little under $50. In uniform you are NOT required to take your shoes off. I had a little run in with TSA a few years back and made the TSA guy show me the rule that said I had to take my shoes off. His suppervisor came over and told him that in uniform we don't have to take our shoes off.

I have a pair of Ecco shoes and they are great. They are a bit spendy, however. But, they are comfortable and last a long time.

Don't forget to write the shoes off on your taxes.

Ecco's are great.

Latest resources

Back