Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Stifler's Mom

MILF...MILF...MILF
OK, I hate to drift from my usual MO and actually post something serious and worthwhile....

I am looking at purchasing some security friendly shoes, but have a question about the procedure. All if not most of the security checkpoints all state that shoes must be removed. So.... are we as pilots in uniform exempt from this rule?

I'm tired of taking off my shoes at security only to find out that I put on one brown and one black sock in the dark when I got dressed in the morning.

As far as the shoes themselves, I'm interested in some ******************** kicker cowboy boots for work. Can anybody like, say, Uncle Bunkle tell me where I can purchase a pair? ;) Actuall, just looking for regular dress shoes.

Last edited:
I have a pair of Florsheim shoes that are comfortable and are typical dress shoes. I bought them at DSW - they have an "airport freindly" tag on them. I have never had to take them off going through security.

I have Dockers proStyle shoes. They are pretty comfortable with a gel heel built in. They are security approved. I never offer to take them off, and I've never been asked to.

Go to the sketchers website, not sure what mine are but they are the square toe and the web site says if they are airport friendly or not. Plus they were only $50-60.

I've got a pair of Doc Martins that make it through every time. Its fukin b.s that we have to be in uniform in order to go through and not have to take our shoes off or carry liquids.

Turkey Sandwich, nuf said.

Rockport baby, Rockport!!!!!! and they are very comfortable too!!!!!!!!!

Go to zappos.com click on "men's collection"(or woman's ;) ) on the right side-then click on "airport friendly" You can find just about any brand. then when you go to the store you will know which one to get-or just order from them. You can order a few different ones, in different sizes-they pay to ship em back...no worries.

B

Personal favorite is the 3 eye Doc's with black stitching-they have 3 types of leather-go with the Nubuck (super soft leather) Also the soles are chemical resistant-no worries about glycol on the ramp. These are by far the most comfortable shoes I've ever had-lots of cushion in the soles so you can walk forever in 'em-good tread too.

I had to order them direct from the Doc website-most places don't carry em...

Last edited:
Deer Stags from JC Penny. Runs about $50 a pair, I usually get 9 months to a year out of a pair. The caveat is you will need some inserts in them. Not enough padding on the bottom for me.

Latest resources

Back