Security friendly belts??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Daddy

I've got the deer stag shoes...no problems there...but my levi's belt sets off the alarm about every 10th time...my Tommy Hilfiger belt set it off every time...anyone got the gouge on which brand will gt you through everywhere?

Just wear pants that are elastic on the top and go beltless, that what I do!! Works everytime.

Buy a cheap belt. I believe the cheap ones use an aluminum buckle that will not set the alarm off. At least I think mine is aluminum, don’t know what else it could be.

Daddy said:
I've got the deer stag shoes...no problems there...but my levi's belt sets off the alarm about every 10th time...my Tommy Hilfiger belt set it off every time...anyone got the gouge on which brand will gt you through everywhere?

Dockers Belt. Black buckle or gold buckle.. neither has ever set off the alarm. I go through with Ecco's, the Dockers belt, my sunglasses, change, my ID and that's it. Never set off the alarms.

Fate.

Wear speedos.

Buck

REI sells a web belt with plastic buckle. Check there or some other sporting goods store.. I got one with a small money belt like compartment and it never sets off the detectors.

Take a small magnet with you when you go shopping for your stuff. Kinda one of those Ripley's "believe it or not" type things. If it sticks to the gear your looking for (belts, shoes, etc.), then it's a good chance it'll set off the detectors. Get the brass stuff or cheap (thorugh stylish and acceptable to the company) aluminium and you pass through the detectors with 2 stars or less (and that's usually because of pens and stuff). Good luck...

Buy a sturdy leather belt with a heavy-duty metal buckle...

...and point your browser here.

Shoes with steel shanks may be worn then, too!

Latest resources

Back