Seattle Bound

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Lear60Guy

speaking of seattle, me and the girl are headed to seattle for a several days, what is there to do in the area? We are up for anything....

Depends on what you like to do...When you get here pick up a copy of The Stranger, which is a free local weekly, and in it you can find recommendations on clubs, bars, music and food.

When are you coming?

You need to check out the Salish Lodge on top of Snoqualme (sp?) falls. Very romantic and pretty. Great massages and hot tubs. Stay at least for a night. Then eat at the Metropolitan Grill downtown, best steaks I have EVER had. If you like a good night life scene, go to the lobby bar of the W hotel. All these are kind of pricy things to do, but it's the best the city has to offer.
If you are on a budget, go do the Underground tour at Pioneer square, then bar hop around that same area. If you want to take a boat trip, take the jet boat to Victoria, BC for the day. I forget the name of the company that operates it. And you have to do Pike's Place market.
Dress warm as even duing the summer it can be cold and wet. Thats why I moved, plus the grunge scene is still huge, yuk.

go boo Ichiro and the Mariners. but be sure to ride the train into the stadium. that's pretty cool.

If it is a relatively clear day, take I-90 to North Bend exit (20 minutes east of Downtown,) and hike to to top of Mount Si. Free and really good hike.

I would hop a ferry and visit the Islands. Or catch a flight to Friday Harbor on Kenmore air.... Ithink there are some 29.00 flights. The San Juans are awesome. Or drive up to Whidbey and visit Langley, then catch a ferry to Port Townsend and have a romantic dinner... Catch a baseball at Safeco Field, one of the best places to watch a game. Sit where you can see Elliot bat and downtown.
As for neighbor hoods and spots to check out... Downtown, go to Pikes Place and check out all the fresh food and artistic crap and junk (crunk). Head to the University District and eat at Big Time pizza. It is great and the beer is 1st class. Walk along Lake Washington west to Lake Union towards the Ballard locks. Stop by the Fremont District and check out the "center of the universe". Yeah Fremont is a funky little 'hood. great music store called Sonic Boom. So much more.... Hmmmm, so you will have to do some research when you get there.
Have fun
SEATTLE ROCKS.
GO MARINERS
adios
snowman

Last edited:
I am from Friday Harbor

Ditto on Kenmore Air out Lake Washington to Friday Harbor, but if you are flying into SEA-TAC, a more convenient mode would be San Juan Airlines (Caravan/Navajoe). Stunning flight up thru Puget Sound to the islands. Take your honey to Roche Harbor Resort (www.rocheharbor.com) and I promise, she will oove you long time!! San Juan Island is also the site of the infamous PIG WAR of 1859 (http://www.nps.gov/sajh/Pig_War_new.htm) which ultimately arbitrated the current border between Canada (then British) and the United States. While there, take a charter fishing trip for lingcod and salmon!!

The San Juan Islands... "The Banana Belt of the Pacific Northwest."
We don't water our lawns in Washington State... we drain them.
Seattle's a wonderful city to live in. 20 million slugs can't be all wrong.

San Juan Airlines

Oh, San Juan Airlines flys out of Boeing Field. SJA has a shuttle van the takes you free from Sea-Tac. Also, while at Boeing Field, YOU MUST see the Boeing Museaum. It is fantastic!!

If you have time, get to Mt. Rainier. Also, there's a park in the Queen Anne's neighborhood that overlooks the city. The Museum of Flight at Boeing Field is awesome. The Boeing plant tour up in Everett is pretty cool too. Plenty to do downtown i.e. the public market, and the space needle. On the other side of Elliott Bay (Southside where the container shipyard is) there's a nice park that faces the city. Have fun!

Latest resources

Back