• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

seaplane training Qs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My suggestion would be to get your rating in the 172 or Super Cub, whatever they are using now for instruction. Once you learn how to fly floats and pass your checkride, reward yourself with an hour in the Beaver. It is an expensive plane to rent and you would probably enjoy it most if you already have the basics down. Talk to Kenmore if you are interested in building some float time; I haven't worked for them but I understand they do move guys up from line (dock) positions to instructor positions, then on to charter positions. Float flying is very hard to get into, but spending some time with the company will definitely help your chances. I worked line at a float operator out of the south end of Lake Washington for two summers before getting a flying position with them. Good luck and have fun with your training.

COML ASES in 180/185

Anyone know where training is available in the 180/185 or perhaps 206? I have a lot of experience in the older 182B - save me some familiarization time.

Anything in Alaska? This training is going to double as a long ago earned vacation.

P3 (Orion) Tweek:)

Kenmore in Seattle???...anyone had experience with them? I could drive there in a day. FL a bit too far unless I go via SWA. Thanks for the FL training base recommends. Looks like you had mucho fun and didn't get eaten by an alligator.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back