• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Seaplane rating...where?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm also researching getting a seaplane rating. I've heard good things about most of the places listed here. I've also heard good things about Twitchell's in Turner Maine and there's also a good school at Goodspeed Airport in CT.

Western Michigan University has a really nice PA-18 super cub amphibian based at Battle Creek Michigan (kbtl). Not sure what the costs are these days but it was a fun time.

I also did my seaplane rating at Quad cities. For the same price as others you get to fly a real seaplane, a C-180. It is a bit of a rating mill but for the price you could get the rating and then do some more training; all for about the same price as most other schools.

I did mine at Jack Browns a few years back...

I remember filling out the temp certificate on day 1...

It is just about a guaranteed rating, not quite a mill. You can't beat cruising at 400' doing 40mph in a J-3 doing Splach and go's

Would I reccomend Jack Brown's? If you want get an easy and quick rating and have a blast? Sure... If you really want to take something away for the $$$ you spend? Others listed in this thread will give you that over Jack Browns.

Latest resources

Back