Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Scumbag DFW part 91 pilot needs to have his arse kicked.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
honeycomb said:
And, yes the Retired AA or Delta Airlines Captain is worse. He knows better and has means to which to feed himself and then cuts the throats of those trying to feed themselves. Therefore, allowing those who can't get work (because of him) to reach to the regionals. And the regionals know this and so does main line. Management has set up these schools to feed the regionals with unskilled labor for a unskilled labor prices.

Do I hear an AMEN!

I believe in their former lives, these "professionals" would call the likes SCABS.

honeycomb said:
Listen Up, you are military. You even paid for your training butt head. You volunteered into the military just Like I did (though I did not fly).

I am proud of ya' but you are off base. And, fed a bunch of crap from your AA buddies who would not know the truth if it hit them in the face.

I was AE for about 6 years. I paid for nothing to be at the regional airlines. While others did. Not all or even some of us did that route. So get of your soap box.

(BTW, I got hired at AE with over 4000 hours. I know Military guys with barely 1200 hours getting hired at AA at that time. And, no you are not better. Try luckier.)

While there are some who did...we know who they are. And, they are treated accordingly.

If you would like to cry some more call the Gulfstream Academy and ask for there program to get you into the CRJ at Pinnacle.

Oh, while I am at it....If AA had made one senority list this would not be a problem. But, AA pilots think they are the best in the business. Right, sure and pigs don't stink.

This industry needs to be shaped from the top to the bottom. Not from the bottom to the top like it is now.

So stop preaching and get your AA buddies to start shape-ing things from there ends. Or you'll be flying RJ's (hold it the F100 is a RJ) very soon.

And, yes the Retired AA or Delta Airlines Captain is worse. He knows better and has means to which to feed himself and then cuts the throats of those trying to feed themselves. Therefore, allowing those who can't get work (because of him) to reach to the regionals. And the regionals know this and so does main line. Management has set up these schools to feed the regionals with unskilled labor for a unskilled labor prices.

Understand?

Easy there Killer... What's with all the anger and name-calling? If you'll take a look at my information, I'm civilian, not military. I was hired into the regionals at a time when MANY of them were requiring you to pay for your training... I simply refused to apply to those carriers... As a result, I flew a BE-1900D instead of something cooler and bigger at Comair or Continental Express, et al... I feel like I paid my fair share of dues to get to where I am. Not as much as some, but more than others... And I feel sufficiently lucky to be where I am... (although it's about 30% less lucky than it was in 2003)

When I was coming through the ranks, the pay-for-training issue was a very hot button issue. As it should've been. There were a bunch of rich daddy's boys doling out hard cash to get hired, while the rest of us scraped for the remaining jobs that were available, and it seemed unfair at the time... Where does anything in my previous two line post imply something fed to me by my "AA buddies"? I was asking a question in response to your original post...:rolleyes:

Dude, if you think AA making one list would've solved the problem, you're a little delusional... I'm no fan of the APA, but that statement was a little out of left field. And what is it exactly that you think me and my "AA buddies" can do to start shaping this industry from the top? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, because I'm tired of watching our fleet shrink while the fleet at Eagle continues to grow...

I don't know what happened to you that caused you to have such a palpable disdain for AA guys, but I think you'd be better served by directing your anger at something more constructive, like say: opposing foreign ownership of U.S. airlines, the repeal of the age 60 rule, the steady degredation of our pay and benefits, or calling Bill in DFW to give him an earful...

To reiterate, I'm a commuter puke, not a military guy. Understand? :beer:

Last edited:
Thanks for the clarification..

Sorry I thought you happened to be military. My mistake.

As for what can be done....nothing now...speaking to the AA and what can we do statement. AA pilots are going to see more and more flying taken away. AMR has played the APA pilots like a expensive muscial instrument. It is to late for AA/APA pilots.

Years ago when I was hired there (AE/AMR) we/I had the same problems. I had the fortune to land at Eagle. I would not pay for training at the regionals. That was my Choice.

But, I have recently paid for my recurrents and such as a contract pilot. It is a business expense. Is this wrong. Of course not.

You made the right choice btw. Not paying for a regional job.

And, no I am not delusional when I said that APA causing AA and AE to merge whould have stopped this from happening. That would have worked.

The fact of the matter is that if ALPA negotiated one ALPA contract for ALL carriers would then put to an end it as well. That is the only tool left to stop the Main Line shrink-age that is going on.

Welcome back at the Regionals...hold it I thought I worked for AA. No you are less valueable than AE now. Or, should I say it has always been that way. Back in the 80's AMR was trying to sell AA not AE. NO ONE would buy them.

Hey my father was a 15 year Eastern pilot. He, just like a lot of them, walked. No more Eastern. Were was ALPA then? The Airlines bought the gates, planes and the rest and took not one pilot.

So, our on unions are the problem. That is how you start shape-ing the industry. From the Top. While you still are on top. The regional pilots will out number the main line pilots (if not so already) very soon. They will control ALPA then. You will feel the pain of the stick then. A lot of those folks have it out for main line pilots and the double negotiating they did back a few years ago. Remember the law suit from ASA/Comair vs Delta because ALPA was even working the regionals into the closet.

Your AA pilots had the chance to stop all the regional growth and main line reduction. And, they only looked at it from there pie is their pie and me...me...me...attitude.

I would say more but I have had one to many jumpseat encounters with petty AA pilots. Grow up and remember this is a business...not your personal sandbox(...my sandbox). How about OUR sandbox.

Until then the AA/APA/ALPA/Main Line groups are toast...Dude.

Thanks for the reply. Your a class act. To bad you can't see the answer that is right in front of you.

honeycomb said:
Sorry I thought you happened to be military. My mistake.

Thanks for the reply. Your a class act. To bad you can't see the answer that is right in front of you.

No problem, I've been accused of being worse. :beer:

I don't have a solution to the problem either...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I should've walked across the campus and enrolled in medical school...

ils2minimums said:
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I should've walked across the campus and enrolled in medical school...

Now that is/was a good idea.

I am looking at going back to Nuclear Power. Better skd's and PAY! And, I don't have to commute anymore.....wooooooyooooooo.

Peace

Bill Is A Scab

Bill offering to fly corporate for free is no different that a scab crossing the line at a major because he just has to fly big airplanes. Just the same as a rich person saying he wil fly that AA 777 for free cause he wants to go cool places and look cool in his uniform. No different at all. He is taking the seat away from someone who NEEDS the job.

My only question is what sort of ass-clown would want a complete and total bozo like Bill in their cockpit? I would let him wash the boss's car while we were gone and maybe empty the trash, but obviously that is all he can be trusted with.

Did anyone see the ad for the hooker that was giving it away for free? Nope never they have more class...

EXACTLY!!!! Hookers are more busy saavy...there is never a hot chick who is underpaid.....they know what they are worth and ask for the proper amount. unlike some pilots who are retired airline and fly for nothing.

Latest resources

Back