Scumbag cargo company Hall of Shame

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pilotyip,

I thought your responses about your company were straight forward and quite refreshing to be honest. I appreciate your honesty on the subject. I'm sure that most of your pilots that move on feel that they got their money's worth while working there.

The bigger question however, is if you still see a bigger pilot shortage than the one that the regionals are experiencing? Seems to me like the majors have no trouble whatsoever picking exactly what they want when they want. You still need to know someone at places like DAL, CAL, AAI, JBLUE, FEDX, UPS and I'm sure even UAL now that they'll be hiring. I don't think that holds true to same extent when dealing with SWA. Me thinks that there's still a surplus of well qualified pilots out there. What do you say?

Redefinied Competitive

MIN There will be a redefinition of well qualifed. UAL/DAL/etc, even NWA will have lots of pilots to chose from but the average of the qualifications will continue to decline. But they will get the best pilots available.

Last edited:
Most pilots do not work for next to nothing, exceept starting out, most make a decent living. Well above the national average. In in ten years in this busienss you should be in the upper 10%-15% of all US individual wage earners. All that without a college degree.

I think you're a bit off the mark there. At the Major airline level with a few years of seniority your comments bear an element of truth. If you're flying
for a part 135 operator or regional your wage, considering your duties and responsibilities are appalling.

I was informed by one of my colleagues that a meter maid in the City of Portland starts out at a wage that better most of our BE99 pilots and tops out near the top of our Metro pay scale ($34000-45000 as read in the Oregonian).

Perhaps I need a new job writing parking tickets!

Why 135?

I think you're a bit off the mark there. At the Major airline level with a few years of seniority your comments bear an element of truth. If you're flying
for a part 135 operator or regional your wage, considering your duties and responsibilities are appalling.

Why stay at a low paying 135? If you have 135 PIC mins there are lots of other jobs out there. Even USA Jet guys regularily rub against the 100K mark after 10 years.

why 135?

Why would someone stay in the 135 world? If you have135 PIC mins there are lots of other jobs out there. Even USA Jet pilot flying 135 rub against 100K after 10 years.

Why would someone stay in the 135 world? If you have135 PIC mins there are lots of other jobs out there. Even USA Jet pilot flying 135 rub against 100K after 10 years.
After 10 years of usa jet, you would be ready to shoot yourself.

Maybe that person likes where they are at?!?!?
Believe it or not, but people have many different likes/dislikes. If someone is at a 135 operations and likes it, then more power to them! More to life then money.

LLB

littlelear he was complaining about 135 like he wanted to leave, sure there are reasons to stay

Answer?

I was informed by one of my colleagues that a meter maid in the City of Portland starts out at a wage that better most of our BE99 pilots and tops out near the top of our Metro pay scale ($34000-45000 as read in the Oregonian).

Perhaps I need a new job writing parking tickets!
Goes back to this post, talking about appalling 135 wages, if it is that bad move on, there are plenty of jobs out there. However if there are other things like location, QOL, etc. make it so you don't want to move; don't move. But don't say you don't like the job but don't wnat to change. Get it?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back