Screw you Starbucks Coffee

flyboyzz1

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 7, 2004
Posts
719
Total Time
#
BAD MOVE STARBUCKS!!!
> > >>
> > >>Starbucks Coffee
> > >>
> > >>Recently Marines in Iraq wrote to Starbucks because
> >they wanted to let
> > >>them know how much they liked their coffees and to
> >request that they send
> > >>some of it to the troops there.
> > >>
> > >>Starbucks replied, telling the Marines thank you for
> >their support in
> > >>their business, but that Starbucks does not support
> >the war, nor anyone in
> > >>it, and that they would not send the troops their
> >brand of coffee.
> > >>
> > >>So as not to offend Starbucks, we should not support
> >them by buying any of
> > >>their products. As a war vet writing to fellow
> >patriots, I feel we should
> > >>get this out in the open. I know this war might not
> >be very popular with
> > >>some folks, but that doesn't mean we don't support
> >the boys on the ground
> > >>fighting street-to-street and house-to-house for
> >what they and I believe
> > >>is right.
> > >>
> > >>If you feel the same as I do then pass this along,
> >or you can discard it
> > >>and no one will never know. Thanks very much for
> >your support of me, and I
> > >>know you'll all be there again when I deploy once
> >more.
> > >>
> > >>
> > >>Semper Fidelis.
> > >>Sgt. Howard C. Wright 1st Force Recon Co 1st Plt PLT
> >RTO
 

TR4A

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 25, 2003
Posts
437
Total Time
15000+
http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/starbucks.asp

Claim: Starbucks refused free product to G.I.s serving in Iraq, saying it didn't support the war and anyone in it.

Status: False.
Dear Readers,

Almost 5 months ago I sent an email to you my faithful friends. I did a wrong thou that needs to be cleared up. I heard from word of mouth about how Starbucks said they didn't support the war and all. I was having enough of that kind of talk and didn't do my research properly like I should have. This is not true. Starbucks supports the men and women in uniform. They have personally contacted me and I have been sent many of their Company's policy on this issue. So I apologize for this quick wrong letter I sent out to you. Now I ask that you all pass this email around to everyone you passed the last one to. Thank you very much for understanding about this.

Howard C. Wright
Sgt USMC
 

jarhead

master of my domain
Joined
Mar 27, 2002
Posts
1,162
Total Time
low
100% pure bull $hit!

You guys really need to check these unfounded rumors out on snopes.com before you continue to smear folks with false information.

Check it out here for the truth about this particular lie........

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/starbucks.asp
 

habubuaza

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 28, 2001
Posts
355
Total Time
>1
jarhead said:
100% pure bull $hit!

You guys really need to check these unfounded rumors out on snopes.com before you continue to smear folks with false information.

Check it out here for the truth about this particular lie........

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/starbucks.asp
But starbucks is fuked up though, just ask any of the emergency workers that were involved with rescue on 9/11. And don't believe the BS that it was just the store manager that refused to serve those guys water and made them pay for it.......it was Starbucks.
 

jarhead

master of my domain
Joined
Mar 27, 2002
Posts
1,162
Total Time
low
habubuaza said:
But starbucks is fuked up though, just ask any of the emergency workers that were involved with rescue on 9/11. And don't believe the BS that it was just the store manager that refused to serve those guys water and made them pay for it.......it was Starbucks.
Did you read the link? That item is also addressed, but not in a "sound bite".

None-the-less, the rumor posted that started this thread is 100% false. Period!
 

GogglesPisano

Pawn, in game of life
Joined
Oct 20, 2003
Posts
3,939
Total Time
enough
I heard the Dick Cheney eats bunnies. Read it on the internet, actually.
 

YourNameHere

REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT
Joined
Feb 18, 2005
Posts
99
Total Time
???
Isn't ExxonMobile owned by satan? I think I read that in an e-mail once.
 

njcapt

Freak power candidate
Joined
Nov 26, 2001
Posts
1,096
Total Time
>12K
flyboyzz1 said:
BAD MOVE STARBUCKS!!!
> > >>
> > >>Starbucks Coffee
> > >>
> > >>Recently Marines in Iraq wrote to Starbucks because
> >they wanted to let
> > >>them know how much they liked their coffees and to
> >request that they send
> > >>some of it to the troops there.
> > >>
> > >>Starbucks replied, telling the Marines thank you for
> >their support in
> > >>their business, but that Starbucks does not support
> >the war, nor anyone in
> > >>it, and that they would not send the troops their
> >brand of coffee.
> > >>
> > >>So as not to offend Starbucks, we should not support
> >them by buying any of
> > >>their products. As a war vet writing to fellow
> >patriots, I feel we should
> > >>get this out in the open. I know this war might not
> >be very popular with
> > >>some folks, but that doesn't mean we don't support
> >the boys on the ground
> > >>fighting street-to-street and house-to-house for
> >what they and I believe
> > >>is right.
> > >>
> > >>If you feel the same as I do then pass this along,
> >or you can discard it
> > >>and no one will never know. Thanks very much for
> >your support of me, and I
> > >>know you'll all be there again when I deploy once
> >more.
> > >>
> > >>
> > >>Semper Fidelis.
> > >>Sgt. Howard C. Wright 1st Force Recon Co 1st Plt PLT
> >RTO
You know, whenever I see an email that has obviously been forwarded a hundred times, I smell BS. You might follow the scent to snopes.com before you embarrass yourself in the future.
 

LAXSaabdude

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 25, 2002
Posts
431
Total Time
15K +
YourNameHere said:
Isn't ExxonMobile owned by satan? I think I read that in an e-mail once.
No, actually, it was Proctor and Gamble. In fact, I saw a signed letter from Phil Donahue many years ago stating that the CEO once admitted it on his show.

This was before the internet, but it was a sheet of paper that had been photocopied about 20 times before, so it must have been true, right?

LAXSaabdude.
 

I.P. Freley

I like people food
Joined
Dec 26, 2001
Posts
2,038
Total Time
Enough
YourNameHere said:
Isn't ExxonMobile owned by satan? I think I read that in an e-mail once.
Close... It's actually Proctor and Gamble that is owned by the Dark Lord. ;)

(don't believe me? look at their emblem on your toothpaste tube!)
 

siucavflight

Back from the forsaken
Joined
Jul 30, 2003
Posts
3,512
Total Time
5000
You are such a tool. You get something in an email chain letter, copy and paste it up here and believe it to be true. How old are you? They let you fly airplanes? Are you really as dumb as what you have posted here or are you just trying to get a reaction? Do you really think that a company would respond to the troops saying that they do not support them, they know that they would be commiting business suicide.
 

CitationXDriver

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 12, 2005
Posts
113
Total Time
2:27pm
Well I am still waiting for my money from Bill Gates for testing his Beta program, and my Old Navy gift card, and my Applebee's coupon.........

Seriously though, does anyone else have good friends forward this kind of BS to them, I have told many before not to, in one ear and out the other though.
 

Vicman

who's your Kuya ?!?
Joined
Sep 6, 2002
Posts
81
Total Time
3500+
yes n no

I was at a Starbucks in San Ramon, CA...just above the sugar and cream counter was a thank you note written by a Major or Light Col. (b&W photo) on behalf of his troops. Apparantly, this serviceman wrote to his brother and told him about how they all miss having Starbucks coffee. Long story short, Starbucks sent the goodies...how much?..alot. according to the letter, it was airlifted/airdropped via C-5.

Sem(per) - diem!!
 

habubuaza

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 28, 2001
Posts
355
Total Time
>1
jarhead said:
Did you read the link? That item is also addressed, but not in a "sound bite".

None-the-less, the rumor posted that started this thread is 100% false. Period!
Yes I did. I remember when it actually happened too.
 
Top