Screw Wal-Mart, Shop Target !!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Am I missing something, Siudude?

Here is what I posted: "As for the Salvation army thing, they used to allow SA and only SA to solicit in front of their store, they have changed that policy, but has entered into a partnership with the Salvation Army."

From the same site:
On November 14, 2005, Target Corporation and the Salvation Army announced [5] a partnership called "The Target/Salvation Army Wish List," where online shoppers will be able to donate goods to the organization by buying them directly from Target.com [6] between November 25, 2005 and January 25, 2006. With this partnership, Target has guaranteed a minimum of $1 million of merchandise to the Salvation Army, making up the difference if the customers don't reach this goal, although the Salvation Army claimed that they typically raised $9 million with the red kettle program in front of Target stores. Annette Bauer, a spokeswoman for the Salvation Army's northern division, said "It is not going to make up the financial difference...but it is a great opportunity to partner with Target that might lead to other opportunities."

Last edited:
Dizel8 said:

Here is what I posted: "As for the Salvation army thing, they used to allow SA and only SA to solicit in front of their store, they have changed that policy, but has entered into a partnership with the Salvation Army."

From the same site:
On November 14, 2005, Target Corporation and the Salvation Army announced [5] a partnership called "The Target/Salvation Army Wish List," where online shoppers will be able to donate goods to the organization by buying them directly from Target.com [6] between November 25, 2005 and January 25, 2006. With this partnership, Target has guaranteed a minimum of $1 million of merchandise to the Salvation Army, making up the difference if the customers don't reach this goal, although the Salvation Army claimed that they typically raised $9 million with the red kettle program in front of Target stores. Annette Bauer, a spokeswoman for the Salvation Army's northern division, said "It is not going to make up the financial difference...but it is a great opportunity to partner with Target that might lead to other opportunities."

Target has a policy, simple as that, otherwise next thing you know, the Gay and Lesbians Christmas Toy Drive will be out front with their slogan: "Put something hard in their sock this winter"!

Target blows WalMart away. Ther items actually have price tags on them, and their employees speak English.

Not to mention you can easily spot them from the air.

I shop at Target because I refuse to support the white-trash lifestyle that Wal-Mart festers and breeds. ;)

An elitist regional airline F/O.

Boy that's an oxymoron if i've ever heard one. When I was a commuter copilot I was extremely thankful for Wal-Mart (and K-Mart, and Goodwill, and Taco-Bell, etc...)

Must be nice to be independently wealthy.

BenderGonzales said:
An elitist regional airline F/O.

Boy that's an oxymoron if i've ever heard one. When I was a commuter copilot I was extremely thankful for Wal-Mart (and K-Mart, and Goodwill, and Taco-Bell, etc...)

Must be nice to be independently wealthy.

You've gotta be kidding. Shopping at Target makes me wealthy!!!! :laugh:

No sir. The following comment makes you sound like an elitist, arrogant, snob.

"I refuse to support the white-trash lifestyle that Wal-Mart festers and breeds."

It's an odd attitude for a commuter F/O to have. But I guess as long as you put on a uniform you can PRETEND you're white-collar.

gnx99 said:
The " ;) " thing on the interent means your kidding around.

I thought it meant " hey sexy dude, lets bump uglies"

Dizel8 said:

From the same site:

Yes you are. DXRick said that Salvation Army is no longer allowed to solicit donations in front of Target stores. That's true. And if you'd read the entire quote I posted you'd see this:

"However, the company decided that it would no longer allow the Salvation Army to solicit on Target Stores' properties in 2004 because they believed it was a distraction to their guests and because an increasing number of other nonprofit groups also wanted to be granted exceptions to the "no solicitation" policy to support charity."

Latest resources

Back