Scott AirCharter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Cat3C

Hey, Does anybody know how Scott Air in MKE is doing? At one time it was a pretty big operation but since 9/11 alot has happened to everyone. I use to fly for them a long, long time ago and still know a few people there. Just curious!!

CK works up there, last I heard pay was diminishing and every 6 months you had to sign a new 6 month contract to go to school...

I heard they are now paying a small base salary and then so much per day... Basically the guys are having to work at least 10 of 14 days to make their old base salaries, which isn't happening.

Doesn't sound to great.

I think you are much better where you are at! ;)

Are you guys looking at the 2000EX at all or sticking with what you have?

Ya know, I thought that I heard he was up there in the V. I also heard that things are pretty much what you described.

What a shame. When I was there, we had a CL601, 3 CE650's 3 Lears, and a flock of King Airs. The difference a few years makes, huh?

I have heard some small talk about the 200EX's but I think they are playing it very quiet. we have s/n 6 and 125 so you would think that there is a bit of a plan on the future. I only hope that they get both of the Easy cockpits instead of one. Can you imagine jumping back and forth between one with the Easy and one without? Out of my paygrade though!!

Yeah, CK is up there on the V... I guess they have one CE-650 left and that is the "Big Plane", I guess the guys that fly it have a big hard on that they are on the "Big Plane" :rolleyes: Doesn't sound like things are much fun up there, I haven't heard from CK in a few months so I don't know what the latest is...

I hear ya on the EASy cockpits... I heard they stopped making the 900EX with the standard Honeywell cockpit, I guess the EASy is the only thing you can order from this point forward. Should make things interesting...

You guys doing much international flying? Seems we are doing more and more of it. Our 900's are flying their tails off (900+ hours a year each)

Last edited:
We don't do that much of it to brag about. I did Lisbon, Madrid, Prague a few months back but that is very unusual for us. We just do the normal Carib, Mexico stuff. I wouldn't mind doing a little more international just for the experience but I wouldn't trade it for our schedule. You guys are the international gods to day the least.

I also remember those guys up north talking about the "big" airplane. Someone once told me that a "big" airplane has 2 engines on each wing and you sit in front of the nose wheel. I think there is something to that!

From what I understand, the pay cuts they took at the end of 2002 are still in effect. $75 per day for the King Airs and upwards for larger equipment plus a base salary. From what I understand, most guys are still not able to make what they did before the pay cut. I believe the 6 month contracts are still in effect too. When I worked there they made me sign a 18 month contract for the King Air 350. Needless to say that it was null and void when the airplane got sold.:( I don't begrudge the experience of working there though. With the exception of one person who is no longer there, all the guys I flew with there were really nice.

SK:cool:

Don't suppose you fellas know if they are hiring do ya? If so whom I should contact. I'm from the Milwaukee area and am looking to move on from my job and would obviously love to find something in my home town. Thanks for any help in advance.

FD75

Scott Air

FD75, I tried to PM you but I don't think it went through so here goes--
Sure of the names and pretty sure of the positions
Brad Kentopp-D.O
Chris Baer (sp?) - Chief Pilot
Tom Scott- President or some other title

Company has been around since 1984 or so.

Great safety record the last I knew.

You might want to try DB at KUGN as well.

Good luck

Chris Mayer is the CP. He gave me the interview when I got hired. Both he and Brad are great guys. Last I heard there was no hiring going on...

SK:cool:

Tom Scott and Nora are As*&%$s. I worked there for a year and everything I was told by Tom Scott was a lie. His company is at the absolute bottom of the charter trash pile.

The icing on the cake for me was when I was not promoted to Lear Captain. Instead he hired a furloughed Midwest Express Pilot. Not only did he hire this pilot knowing he would probably go back to ME, he paid him more than one of the current line captians already on the Lear's.

The last I heard, his company was hanging by a thread. He borrowed close to a million dollars to stay in business. The pay now is a small base salary with more $ the more you fly. The problem is the company has absolutely no MARKETING PLAN. There is no outside sales, brochures, or website. I do not know how this company stays in business.

If you need to work that bad for a company like this, I would question your mental stability and your ability to hold a medical certilficate!

If you want to "move on", try another locale or another career.

Latest resources

Back