Scheduling calls on your day off......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hahahahahahaha

"We would like to inform you of some premium pickup flying if you're interested....."

Premium pick up flying is a trip to the Bahama's empty with 10 Asian hookers and a bag of Columbian Bam Bam.

Don't know about that. It is now official communication. I think it would stick quite nicely in a grievance.

Wait, so our company can supersede our contract by official communication? Come on now, you know better than this...

I would take a picture of that ACARS and take it to BH at your first opportunity.
Wachoo talkin' 'bout Willis?
BH is just starting to dust off his bag of trick perfected on us.
Thank god he is your problem now! When you see the local Special Ed short bus pull up in front of HDQTRS, and the V.P. of Scheduling comes out to greet them personally, and welcomes to their first day as Skrew Skedulers you will start getting a taste of what we endured.
Good Luck
PBR

How true PBR.

As to Xj and As needing bodies, same with non INC.
The SKYW SS tards are burning up the phone line trying to cover their incompetence ASAP. Wait till BH pulls the rest of his nasty tricks out of his banana hammock! Keep a roll of duct tape close to the phone, when he starts pulling the next nasty trick out, your jaw will bounce off of your shoe tops, the tape will come in handy.
Than god he is yours!
PBR

File a grievance that by offering more than the contractual rates they are violating the compensation section of the contract.

Why? I got asked once and it was some B.S. turn midday that I was legal for. I was already at minimum days off, all they could do was ask. I said I'd do it for the hourly and $500 bucks. Scheduling thought I was nuts. I said that those are my pay conditions for doing the flight. Needless to say, they called the CP who said no, they didn't find anyone, and they cancelled the flight. I'm sure the rebook was worth it for the company and all of the PO'd customers flying an airline that can't staff its own aircraft. $500, long term, was absolutely the best option. BTW- The outcome didn't change much, as both Skyway and Midwest are just a part of history now.

In my opinion, once you step outside the contract for work, you also step out for pay. Put the ball in your court. If they can't make you fly the trip, ask for whatever you want. Pull numbers off of road signs if you think it will help.

Just remember, don't help if there are those on furlough. If it's low staffing, go for broke.

asayankee- I thought everyone that was a former Captain had the opportunity to bid back? How many #'s did you miss it by?

Not in ATL... There are still quite a few former CP's who have not been able to re-upgrade in their original base. I'm not going to commute to sit reserve in IAD. I'll sit reserve in my home town but not 700 miles away. Plus I dont have commute and am not interested in adding one just yet.

Latest resources

Back