• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Schedules expose many pilots to dangerous fatigue, errors

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Things won't change unless WE make them change. We, the pilots, hold the power in an airline. No pilots = no airline.

The Air Transport Association, a trade group representing large carriers, says that the steadily declining accident rate demonstrates that its schedules are safe.
Airlines would welcome "scientifically validated and data-driven countermeasures to prevent fatigue," the trade group says.

They have been given it, the correct quote should be "We are burying our heads in the sand hoping that designing and using more automated equipment will hide the problem"

This issue has my blood pressure boiling, however, I don't think we are going to make any headway with the current congress or president to change this for the better. I love how the experts KEEP telling the gov't, industry and unions the same thing over and over and over and over...ad nauseum the same damned thing...Yet, nothing changes, ever...

As a taxpayer and an airline pilot I am outraged by the FAA's action to fix their internal fatigue problems and would encourage you all to call and write your senators and representative to the house. This single-level of safety in commercial aviation is a fraud.

its amazing how the public doesnt seem to care. all those sheep out there uterly clueless that the people in charge of their lives are not properly rested or paid well.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back