Scheduled 135

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

turboprophead

can i get some insight on what you can and can't do in regards to scheduled 135 operations. like can you schedule routes, how often, etc.

135 Scheduled Ops is an Op Spec issued by the FAA under Part A. It depend upon are you cargo, passenger, combi, there are many things that enter into making the decision such scheduling routes, tining etc.

For 135 scheduled you will need DOT authority also if you plan on operating more than 4 times per week according to a published schedule.
Fit, Willing, And Able! They should add crazy.
Mach8

Reference all Cape Air threads. Do a search. I would say that they are the largest scheduled 135 out there.

there is an exeption under section 380 of the DOT code. you can fly up to four round trips a day for four days of the week. as public charters. i flew such a shuttle to St simon island GA in 2000 for Corporate Air Partners. we flew jetstreams out of PDK. flew many of Atlanta's wealthiest down to their second homes. for about 450 round trip. we flew on thursday eve, had two round trips on friday. two on sunday, one on monday. IN the same manner that 121 supplemental operates a quasi schedule such as hooters air, the now failed division of Pace Airlines, and Southeast out of SFB .

public charters have to escrow the ticket money until the flight is completed, then it is released to the operator. People sign a waiver, and are on a manifest that is checked just like all scheduled flights.

the beneftis to being a supplemental carrier is you can go into any market without much red tape unlike the scheds who must win approval for the routes or be awarded slots in the busy hub airports.

that's all I know

FO or working autopilot required in IFR conditions otherwise single pilot is okay. (unless a/c type requires 2) I think the limit is 9 seats and no FA

Latest resources

Back