• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DX Rick

Any idea when the next class is?

Oct. 6

Dir. of Training says Oct. 6. Avg lifespan of a scenic fo is now about 3 mos. I upgraded a year ago and am now no. 8 of 25 captains. Heard one fo just left for skywest in the middle of a drug test.

October 6? That's a Friday. I would imagine if it is that soon then they probobly have called eveyone coming to class. Could he have meant November 6th, that is a Monday. They are only staying for 3 months at this point? Are they holding firm on paying back the training agreement or are they just bailing without paying?

I have an interview on October 5th, being a Thursday. Don't you think class would start on a Monday?

class dates

Sorry about that, dir. of training is saying 10/2 or 10/9, they don't even know yet. From what I remember you do get paid the minimum during training (48 hours @ 13.50/hr -2 week pay period). Upgrades are quick -ATP and 500 in the A/C. Good luck!

They don't know yet? if it's 10/2 that less than 2 weeks. Do they have people lined up to attend class yet?

What's that status of the move down to Boulder City?

Good Question

They don't know if the next class will be the 2nd or the 9th, we've lost about 20 pilots in the past couple of months to skywest and avant and the company is scrambling to add pilots. The move to boulder is just as ambiguous, all we've been told is "first week of Oct."

lemtjones: man in the know

If the Dir. of Training knew that, every time you ask him a question, it's to post the answer here--and then misquote him--he might not be so eager to answer your questions.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back