Scenic vs. Vision

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
VAPOR said:
Scenic has been flying Grand Canyon tours consistently since 1967. What Scenic recently started again is conducting Grand Canyon tours that originate at the Grand Canyon National Park Airport. As Grand Canyon Airlines and Scenic Airlines were previously the same airline, this is not "new". Scenic and Vision fly Canyon tours, usually originating in Las Vegas, other than the Black routes and the transition routes (i.e. Blue, Brown routes) and have been since the evolution of the SFRA.

Thanks, that was what I was trying to say. Scenic has started the Black route, actually, they only fly the Black 1. This is the real tour of the Canyon, as it is right around large part of the Canyon and allows you to deal with the up and downdrafts. Flying over the Canyon at 10000 does not give you the same experience. These were the Canyon tours that I was talking about. Thanks for the clarification.

Hadhafang said:
Thanks, that was what I was trying to say. Scenic has started the Black route, actually, they only fly the Black 1. This is the real tour of the Canyon, as it is right around large part of the Canyon and allows you to deal with the up and downdrafts. Flying over the Canyon at 10000 does not give you the same experience. These were the Canyon tours that I was talking about. Thanks for the clarification.

Scenic flys the most tours of any operator. Especialy west rim tours. They do it every day wx permitting. Perhaps some operations out of GCN are new.

Latest resources

Back