• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Scenic Tours Requirements

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I always cringe whenever I see guys asking how to do something on any of these forums. It's not that there isn't a lot of experience hanging out on these boards, but there's a lot of inexperience here too. Sometimes it's impossible to tell the two a part and even if you could, there's alway the possiblity that something important or significant could be missed.

I cut my teeth on scenic flying and the Feds are paying more attention to it than ever before. The first thing that I would do would be to schedule some one on one quality time with one of your friendly local FSDO guys. I've been earning my living in the left seat for 30 years and the one bit of advice I could give you is to develope a friendly working relationship with them. You'll develop a mutual respect that will pay off in the long run. It never hurts to be known as one of the guys who tries to do things right if you get my point.

The other point I would make would be to do as KlingonDRVR said and talk to your insurance folks. When all is said and done, it's not the FAA that determines who can fly what or who can do what - it's the insurance companies.

'Sled

Latest resources

Back