• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Scenic Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The 1900's are some what easy to get into. Last time there was a open spot no Otter pilots bid on it. If this happens, the company then picks someone to go to New York for ground school. Pay for an F.O. is 13.50 a flight hour and 6.25 for a ground hour. In the summer months you'll get worked hard!! You'll fly close to 120 hours a month. So your summer F.O. checks arent to bad, however, you're working 12 hour days every day you work So, as you can see, you wont get rich flying here. Captian pay is 24.00 a flight hour and 12.00 a ground hour. Or something close to that. If you want to stay and upgrade you can do so in a year or less. We are a 121 airline, however, 98% of our flying is VFR at 9,500 feet. All in all it's a great place for low time people to come, get some time and leave. Hope this helps.

Bristol said:
All in all it's a great place for low time people to come, get some time and leave. Hope this helps.

Thats good to hear. What is the schedule like? Is commuting possible?

You bid on your days off per month. Some 4 on 3 off. Some 5 on 2 off. We don't bid on lines. We only fly the Otter to like 5 places. We have some people that commute, however, you come home every night so most pilots choose to move to Vegas. Send your stuff in!!!!

flyf15,
Seriously, you sound like a good candidate and intelligent pilot. Here is my advice if you go for an interview at Scenic; find a worn out simulator and pratice your holds and approaches, I can't remember the model that Scenic uses but it is old, worn out and several empty holes where instruments use to be. Be sure to get the pre-interview sim check out with Bob(?) for $75.(?). Second, when you arrive for the interview say hello to everyone including the janitor and shake their hand like you haven't seen them in 20 years.

Bristol and Bryan D,

Thanks much for the information and words of encouragement. I'll be getting my stuff into Scenic shortly. Hope to join you guys there soon!

Bristol,

Do you know if the days off are together or random throughout the week? Just curious so I know what to expect with my time off.

Why don't people want the BE1900?

Last edited:
Days off are always back to back. Ex. mon, tues. The whole 1900 thing is interesting. There are two reasons why people don't bid on it. The upgrade is longer than working at Southwest, and you have to sign a new $ 13,000 contract. There are basically two types of pilots @ Scenic. Pilots that want to stay and upgrade to captain in the Otter. They get their 1000 PIC of turbine time and leave. Then there is the pilot that leaves without upgrading. If Otter time gets you the job @ Skywest or Expressjet, why re-sign a contract, fly less a month and spend nights in a hotel? If people like Vegas and want to stay for a few years the 1900 makes good sense.

Went to go look into Scenic more to send them my resume and such. Looks like they only want applications online - no resumes, no phone calls. For those with experience, is this correct that I should not try sending resumes or calling? Hard to make yourself stand out when you're just filling out boxes on a webpage...

Also, anyone know how hiring looks for the near future? I need 11 more hours to go to get to 600TT - should have that in a week or two (depending on the snow here in Denver), but I'm somewhat worried that I've missed the boat, as I've heard that all their hiring is in the late winter/early spring.

Last edited:
Not Threat Jacking

I have 685TT and 35ME, what are the chances that I could get an interview? I'll be out in Vegas March 23-26 for a friends wedding.

Last edited:
While it's true we hire more in the spring, they will still interview for a pool. If and when Skywest starts to hire agian, you'll see more people leave. As for applying online, I think that's the only way.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back