• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

Scenic Airlines:current interview gouge needed asap. Thank you!

jmolina

filam01
Total Time
Enough
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to know if anyone has the current interview gouge for Scenic Airlines? I have an interview next week.

Can anyone provide me information that will be useful in passing the interview process? Such as technical questions? Scenarios? Simulator evaluation? What to expect?

Thank you for all your help ahead of time and God bless!

Tar Heel

Total Time
2000+
Have you looked at aviationinterviews.com yet? Try there. Good luck.

moonship

Total Time
Min +
I would be suprised if the interview happens. Just got an email from a friend who passed his checkride and was furloughed in the same day, this week.

Vegaspilot99

Total Time
6000+
I would be suprised if the interview happens. Just got an email from a friend who passed his checkride and was furloughed in the same day, this week.

I work there and haven't heard that...although anything is possible as of late. They are fairly fat on FO's right now and need captains. As far as the interview goes...they didn't have us do the ATP test, although I heard it is back, I can't say for certain. The one on one interview will most likely be with the CP and the Asst. DO. Basic stuff such as read a METAR, TAF finger fly an ILS or other app. (I did ILS Long Beach). The sim is an ATC 810 and is fairly basic although flies kinda crooked. Take off from LAS do a turn or 2 and track a radial to BLD VOR. Do a hold, fly an app...think I did VOR 25L/R and thats about it. Make sure you can hold alt, heading and airspeed and do your best. Most people who don't pass the interview get the boot in the sim portion. Let me know if I can answer any other questions...they are in the middle of a merger with GCA right now and there is some turmoil here as a result(such as they may try to assign you to the GCA side and not Scenic)...just FYI. Good luck.

Last edited:

jmolina

filam01
Total Time
Enough
Thank you

Thank you for the information. I guess if I pass the interview process, I will be placed in the hiring pool for future FOs. Take care and fly safe!

wt219200

Total Time
Know jepp charts and plates. Three ways to ident BECCA on LGB ILS approach without NDB cuz the otters don't have ADF's. This was two years ago but sounds like same interview still. That's all I remember for now good luck the twotter is a blast. Anyone know if DM is still chief pilot?

siucavflight

Back from the forsaken
Total Time
Who is scenic airlines?

Midnight Flyer

Stay Thirsty My Friends
They are fairly fat on FO's right now and need captains.

Shouldn't they be upgrading FO's the way they're supposed to like every other airline does. Vegas, I could be reading this wrong, but are you saying they're hiring street Captains? I'd definitely be pi$$ed if I was an FO over there.

m80drvr

Total Time
Just got the interview email also. I made it clear that I would only go as a Capt. She said they were not hiring any more fos for the year.

What is the first year capt pay? I mean what can you expect. I'm expecting it is pretty low since the girl would not give me spacifics through email.

Any info would be helpful.

sqwkvfr

Baseball junkie
Total Time
a lot
Shouldn't they be upgrading FO's the way they're supposed to like every other airline does. Vegas, I could be reading this wrong, but are you saying they're hiring street Captains? I'd definitely be pi$$ed if I was an FO over there.

Common, man...you've got an ATP and you can't figure out why a place that hires at 600/50 can't upgrade some of it's FOs?

amcnd

Total Time
Just got the interview email also. I made it clear that I would only go as a Capt. She said they were not hiring any more fos for the year.

What is the first year capt pay? I mean what can you expect. I'm expecting it is pretty low since the girl would not give me spacifics through email.

Any info would be helpful.

Don't know what it is know, but back in 1997 it was $18.50 a hour and half that for non flying time ( for a while after SkyWest sold them they went to some funny pay per tour type pay. I think it was $60 per round trip to GCN?). Im glad to see Scenic is still around!!

Vegaspilot99

Total Time
6000+
The majority of the FO's are no where near having the time to upgrade...most are in the 500-700 range with many new ones around 300 hours total.

The new joint payscale is based on duty time and starts at $18/hour for CA and $12/hour for FO. There is a $10/hour overide for duty over 11 hours. 64.6 hour per two week guarentee. The pay jumps at 500 hours in type and then every 400-500 hours there after until year 3 when it becomes yearly. It's not bad and you do make more overall than the previous scale, but there are a lot of little nickel and dime issues in it that have pissed some of us off.

I believe they are still hiring captains to some extent, but I don't know the specifics. Lately I've just been trying to show up, fly and go home.

On Your Six

Total Time
The majority of the FO's are no where near having the time to upgrade...most are in the 500-700 range with many new ones around 300 hours total.

The new joint payscale is based on duty time and starts at $18/hour for CA and $12/hour for FO. There is a $10/hour overide for duty over 11 hours. 64.6 hour per two week guarentee. The pay jumps at 500 hours in type and then every 400-500 hours there after until year 3 when it becomes yearly. It's not bad and you do make more overall than the previous scale, but there are a lot of little nickel and dime issues in it that have pissed some of us off.

I believe they are still hiring captains to some extent, but I don't know the specifics. Lately I've just been trying to show up, fly and go home.

Just curious - what does an "average day" at Scenic look like for pilots? Do you fly 3-4 roundtrips to the Canyon or do you do other trips? I thought Scenic lost its Beech 1900 EAS flights?

Sandhawk

Waiting on Dec 13, 2012
Total Time
Mucho+

You mentioned that pay goes up every 500 hours in type.

Do you start at a higher wage if you already have time in type?

If so, what would the hourly wage be for 2000+ hours DHC6 PIC time?

Thx