• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Scabs are working NOW!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't recall the mechanics refusing to work when the NWA pilots went on strike in '98.

Funny how quick some people forget that.

410dude said:
NWA is just doing what it has to do and the replacement mechanics are doing what they have to do to put food on the table. You would too in the same situation.

Are you really this retarded? Go take your 100 hours and come back when your opinion matters.

I suppose your profile says it all. Lowering the bar.........Bet you can't wait to cross a line. Hey, try Go Jets. I'd love to add your name to a list.

Singlecoil said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't all the other labor groups at Northwest agree to concessions except for those represented by AMFA? If that is true, I can see why other groups aren't striking in sympathy.

Idiot! wouldn't you call the fact that the AMFA ranks have been trimmed by NWA from around 9000 to less that 4500 since 9/11 a concession? Thats more than 50% job losses already. I think thats a hell of a concession. NWA didn't offer or want reasonable concessions from AMFA. They want to get rid of AMFA. The offer from NWA was cut another 50%+ of thier members and give the remaining members a 26% pay cut. Its a blatant attempt to crush that union (happens to be the smallest one there and the one with the least resources to fight back). NOTHING MORE! If it works, COUNT on NWA going after the flight attendants next and then right on down the line.

There have been some FA's walking with AMFA and some pilots helping out by not accepting planes with questionable maintenance issues. Hopefully it will be enough. Good luck AMFA.

Prop2Jet said:
DX Rick, being a pilot is what most people do on this board. True their are tons of other professions out their but we choose to do this one.

Go put a flight plan together and fly your piper/cessna ass off this website you 900hr little Flightsim terd.

And don't forget to call flight service to close it. I think you can reach them on YOU'READOUCHEBAG VOR.

Lets face it the industry has started to change, for the worse as far as career opportunity and pay. There is a new standard for pay, well substandard for pay. The companies are getting use to paying all of its employees less and when then get back on their feet don't think you will see the return in kind in your paycheck.

I have actual heard crewmembers from profitable companies stat they had been asked to lower their pay since the industry standard is now lower on average. At this point I am getting a sick feeling in my stomach that all the money I pay and have paid to the union is just padding someone else’s pocket.

The scabs crossing the line are just people trying to make a living, so don’t blame them. Most of us at some point have been out of work or under paid and know how tough it can be. I know NW is just doing what they think they need to do to survive and the mechanics are doing what they think they must do, however in these rough times for most airlines I don’t think it is to wise to push your company closer to going under. The mechanics should have looked at the big picture before striking.

Didn’t they realize how many unemployed A&P mechanics are out there on the street without a job? To me striking was not the smart thing to do, since NW can so easily replace the work force. A strike is only affective if it will truly hurt the company Sorry to say I just think the NW mechanics are just pissing in the wind.

mecfii said:
The scabs crossing the line are just people trying to make a living, so don’t blame them. Most of us at some point have been out of work or under paid and know how tough it can be.
Most of us don't work as prostitutes or drug dealers, either.

Prostitutes are "just people trying to make a living."

Drug dealers are "just people trying to make a living."

Lear 70 has it pretty much right. AMFA manage to PO every other union on the property. They stole the IAM members with promises of grandure, not to mention trying to stick the IAM with a LARGER share of paycuts so that AMFA members could take a SMALLER paycut.

At a time the pilots gave up $260mil worth of concessions AMFA was trying to get pay raises and thumbing their noses at ALPA. About the only large union they didn't try to screw was the PFAA. So why oh why would the IAM or ALPA be inclined to honor the picket line of a union that has done nothing except act in its own interest and saying to he** with the other unions?

Bottom line is AMFA made their bed and now they have to lie in it. The flight attendants may not be replaced, but the company certainly wants to outsource their work.

Butters said:
I don't recall the mechanics refusing to work when the NWA pilots went on strike in '98.

Funny how quick some people forget that.

AMFA wasn't on the property in 98. It was the IAM.

This strike is not so much about pay... ITS ABOUT JOBS!

TonyC said:
Most of us don't work as prostitutes or drug dealers, either.

Prostitutes are "just people trying to make a living."

Drug dealers are "just people trying to make a living."

That's quite a stretch Anthony. There always has to be that one person that takes an intelligent thread and hijacks it with their stupidity that they think is pure wit.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back