Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyboyike

Urban Legend/Rural Myth
It seems I don't qualify for any of their heavies, but qualify just fine for their Falcon/Hawker program. Anyone flying for them on the corporate side willing to share their impressions? I'm single, so family life (or lack thereof) is not important, but is the pay what they say it is, do they treat you half-way decent, how are the other pilots etc?

Any input would be appreciated.

Ike, why dont you just stay where you are? oh, thats right, because of those morons in atl.
anyway take care dude, good luck

Ike, why dont you just stay where you are? oh, thats right, because of those morons in atl.
anyway take care dude, good luck

Yeah, no ******************** about the morons. Truth be told, though, I've been thinking about jumping ship for a while. As much as I still actually like this place, the slave wages and poor perspectives are starting to wear on me.

Saudis seem to be serious about hiring. They just revamped their application system (it's all online now), have vacancies in just about all their types and the numbers are certainly attractive. I figure how bad can the sandpit be compared to the dungeon at JFK?

We'll see what happens.

I figure how bad can the sandpit be compared to the dungeon at JFK?

Saudi Arabia can be really bad..If nothing else you get bored to death.

Make sure you like Arabs and their way of living before you move there..;)

As long as you're not interested in women, booze, or greenery you should be fine....

Never been much for booze or greenery, but a girl would be nice every now and then.

As long as you're not interested in women, booze, or greenery you should be fine....

Oh those items are around, just have to know where to go/who to ask.....When was the last time you tasted home-brewed grain alcohol?...;)

You really ought to think twice before looking at Saudia as your future.

Oh, I'm thinking about it continuosly. Trouble is I really don't see much of anything else out there.

Been here 3.5 years, I work on the Airline side.

Booze, women, greenery are all available.

Cash is good. Cost of living is VERY low.

Treatment is quite decent on the airline side, no idea about the Special Flight Department.

Culture is very different than in the USA. Never had a problem with any of the people. For the most part, they are very friendly and accommodating.

It is all what you make of it. I renewed my contract for another 3 year term, so I am happy. I have seen people throw their arms up and leave after a few weeks.

It is a Captain's airline. Life is much easier for the Captains than the FO's. If you are thinking of going over as an FO, get the upgrade idea out of your head. It would realistically take a decade or more to upgrade with them. Even then, it is not guaranteed.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back