• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SAPA president election

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
you didn't read my post. this dude just started here like 6 months ago. how can he be 'fed up' already? bash SAPA all you want, I said.

I did read your post, but six months is enough time to see and understand the Skywest/SAPA subculture, and form an opinion.

my loyalties are with the company, because I work for the company, as do all employees. it is not us against them. that is a position of another organization.

Tell that to the Bro guys/gals!!! You must be in the RJ and the "all for us" mentality. Once again, please get your head out of the sand...

Six months is plenty of time to see how things are in any corporate structure. It usually only takes one or two months.

Marine,

you interviewed here in Sept, right? and you've already 'lost' all faith? bash SAPA all you want, but for a guy who has worked for a whopping, what, 6 months (?), you sure seem to have lots of axes to grind already with this place that I'm sure you claimed you 'really wanted to work at' during your interview. and just a few months ago, you wrote:

Most of the new hires in my class are pretty anti-ALPA. Especially those who came from ALPA carriers (ASA, AirWIS, PCL, Mesaba, etc...).

Thanks for the burgers at the Candlewood, but I will vote NO.

let me guess, you're just trying to make it a better place now?

PS-I voted for BS
Call it what you want. I've been at SkyWest 3 years. I'm not "bashing" SAPA, just venting my frustration that the best they could do was 1% on the 200 and nothing for the bro, while trying to pass it off as a good deal. How can generate or even retain any enthusiasm for the organization, I dont know.

sos,

I put the link in my sig just to present people with differing opinions. I'm put off by the blow hards on here that seem to claim all would be so rosy if we'd just vote in ALPA. all one has to do is shop around and see how it is elsewhere, then compare how we have it here to realize that we are not the tortured serfs people claim we are.

marine,
of course you're entitled to your opinion. I'd encourage you, like anyone, to compare and contrast what we have here. if you think it is so bad, who do you see that is relishing so much more? did you apply there? I retain enthusiasm for my job because I enjoy it, I enjoy the folks I work with, and I enjoy working for a company that has avoided the pitfalls that have besieged so many. I also 'retain' enthusiasm knowing that we are positioning ourselves to sustain our current flying while remaining competitive for future flying. this benefits me, you, and everyone here while we compete for business.

marine,
of course you're entitled to your opinion. I'd encourage you, like anyone, to compare and contrast what we have here. if you think it is so bad, who do you see that is relishing so much more? did you apply there? I retain enthusiasm for my job because I enjoy it, I enjoy the folks I work with, and I enjoy working for a company that has avoided the pitfalls that have besieged so many. I also 'retain' enthusiasm knowing that we are positioning ourselves to sustain our current flying while remaining competitive for future flying. this benefits me, you, and everyone here while we compete for business.
Compare and contrast - I do. Thats why I'm here. I've always thought SkyWest was the #1 place to be and still do. I think you're taking my first post a little bit farther than what I was getting at. I never said that things here are bad or I don't have enthusiasm for my job, just not much for SAPA. I had a lot of faith in them for negotiating a great pay raise, but was extremely disappointed. I'll just leave it at that.

marine,

ok. I think we agree.

Regardless of how you feel about the SAPA/ALPA debate, it is important for everyone to get involved and vote in this election.

For what its worth, SAPA is the only organization we have at this time to serve as a point of interaction between management and pilots. The people we elect to serve in that capacity make a huge difference in the path this pilot group takes.

These elections are the starting point for correcting mistakes made in the past…

Trust me holt would chew him to pieces.

Latest resources

Back