Santa Barbara Job

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't say I didn't warn you...

C17CHS- A G200 capt in Socal, Pt91, with no rating and no time in type should start at ~$95K. $40K would be an insult for a newbie co-pilot. From what I understand, everyone there- including the Chief Pilot- is poorly paid. There's no excuse for purchasing a 15-20 million dollar aircraft and paying the crew poverty level wages. Good grief, a PT91 CJ1 captain @ SBA can expect to start at $75K (I know from personal experience). What are these guys thinking?:confused:

Good for you for not taking the type rating and running. Are you in the Santa Barbara area? I'll be happy to forward any job leads I come across to you.

-HMR

HMR said:
C17CHS- A G200 capt in Socal, Pt91, with no rating and no time in type should start at ~$95K. $40K would be an insult for a newbie co-pilot. From what I understand, everyone there- including the Chief Pilot- is poorly paid. There's no excuse for purchasing a 15-20 million dollar aircraft and paying the crew poverty level wages. Good grief, a PT91 CJ1 captain @ SBA can expect to start at $75K (I know from personal experience). What are these guys thinking?:confused:

Good for you for not taking the type rating and running. Are you in the Santa Barbara area? I'll be happy to forward any job leads I come across to you.

-HMR

Yeah, I was quite surprised myself. I was thinking along the same lines as you with regard to the airplane cost, etc., then not budgeting for decent staff wages. However, I bit my lip on that and justed stayed diplomatic. He really seemed like a great guy and his staff is awesome, but when it comes to pay, he's definitely on a different wavelength. I asked him if he had the NBAA numbers for average salary and stuff and he said yes. Just wierd.

I'm not out there yet, but I used to live in N. Cal. and anytime I see something on the West Coast it gets my interest. I appreciate the offer. I've got several irons in the fire right now, but not out West. Hopefully, something decent will pan out in the next few weeks. Cheers.

bigD said:
Wow. 40K? Yikes.

...But that's 40K with the trailer. Don't forget the small, clean RV trailer.

Wang Chung said:
...But that's 40K with the trailer. Don't forget the small, clean RV trailer.

But how will this go over with the ladies? "Hey baby, I'm a big time G200 captain. Wanna go back to my trailer?"

You couldn't afford to buy a round of drinks for the UCSB Coeds @ the Wildcat or $40K, let alone get them to your trailer.
It would be kind of like Riggs in Lethal Weapon, bedding Euro beauties on only your charm and good looks, there in your trailer by the sea... only to be risin in the early hours, but not by bad guys, by the park police shooting @ you because you parked on some turtle breeding ground....

bigD said:
"Hey baby, I'm a big time G200 captain. Wanna go back to my trailer?"

"It's not quite a double-wide, but it's a Super Midsize."

Southbound said:
You couldn't afford to buy a round of drinks for the UCSB Coeds @ the Wildcat or $40K, let alone get them to your trailer.
Oh c'mon! Whenever I go to "The Kitty" (that's what you call the Wildcat if you're an uber-hip trust-fund kid); I just wear my tie and epaulettes from my charter days. Coeds LOVE that stuff.:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back