Santa Barbara Job

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

psysicx

Since you don't hear much about Santa Barbara here this might help someone.

Experienced pilot needed for private corporation based in Santa Barbara, CA. Company seeks highly competent pilot for an opening on our two-Airplane, four-pilot team. Citation V, Citation III/VII and/or G200 experience is a plus.

Position includes salary, benefits, 10-20 hours of flight time per month, type training and travel throughout the West. Broad flexibility in schedule a must. Primary flights include high altitude short strips in the Western States and Rocky Mountains.

Please forward resume and salary history to [EMAIL="[email protected]?subject=Pilot%20(Exec-9-19)"][email protected] [/EMAIL].

Thanks for the info. I fired off the email today.

TB

Good luck living anywhere near Santa Barbara on what these guys pay.

I love this part:
type training and travel throughout the West. Broad flexibility in schedule a must. Primary flights include high altitude short strips in the Western States and Rocky Mountains

In other words, "we'll give you three bounces and then consider yourself on-call to fly the owner to his ranch strip whenever he desires".

SLO won't work either. You'd have trouble living in Vernal, UT for what these guys pay.

I know its 121, but SkyWest has bases in SBA (RJ/EMB) and SBP (EMB), for any interested...

Last edited:
Haha Vernal with all of those rich Indians. I would imagine that Santa Barbara doesn't have to many Pt 91 operators?

Last edited:
Position Still Available

I interviewed for this position yesterday. Originally, it was pitched to me as a copilot position at 50-55K. When I showed up, the position had turned into a Captain position on the G200 starting in the low 40s. I felt this was maybe half of what a G200 Captain should make in Santa Barbara. Please set me straight if I'm off base here. The CEO and his staff are who I dealt with--extremely pleasant, helpful, and cordial people. Nevertheless, he could not understand why I would want more to be the Captain. I explained to him about career expectations and market rates and such. It didn't have much of an impact, though. Other factors: He was willing to provide a small RV trailer to live in (set up in a trailer park in Santa Barbara...yes, they have them there). I toured the trailer with a member of his staff. It was clean, but way too small to consider living in for anything longer than 3 months. Also, he has a Citation V and I would have been responsible to maintain currency on that as PIC as well. I do not expect to hear back from him as I think we're too far off on compensation. I told him I would not be surprised if he found someone willing to take the job in the low 40s just for the type ratings and then bail. However, I told him that's not me. So, if anyone is interested, he's looking to send someone to school soon. (His other 3 pilots have not been to school on the G200 yet. It's a brand new acquisition.). Job is advertised on CareerBuilder.com. Good luck.

Latest resources

Back