Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

saviboy

Hi
my school uses an old Frasca 142 and I am not picking up any morse code/ signal when i set 108.9 in nav 1 or 2. I was wondering if maybe the frequency would have changed over the years and if the datbase in the sim would be outdated. I can pick up the NDB in SFB 408 so i am sure i am on the ILS course.
the sim is probably form the mid 90's anybody woul dknow the old freq for the ils 9 sfb
thanks

It could be that the database is old, so the frequency may have been different in the past.

saviboy said:
Hi
my school uses an old Frasca 142 and I am not picking up any morse code/ signal when i set 108.9 in nav 1 or 2. I was wondering if maybe the frequency would have changed over the years and if the datbase in the sim would be outdated. I can pick up the NDB in SFB 408 so i am sure i am on the ILS course.
the sim is probably form the mid 90's anybody woul dknow the old freq for the ils 9 sfb
thanks

Sanford didn't have an ILS until about 5 to 7 years ago. Back then all they really had was a couple NDB approaches. Not that you need approaches very often here in Florida....

No... In the last few months I've done more ILS's to minimum than I ever needed to do in a two & a half year period flying in & around the Shetland Islands & to Scotland.

Tinstaafl said:
No... In the last few months I've done more ILS's to minimum than I ever needed to do in a two & a half year period flying in & around the Shetland Islands & to Scotland.

I guess that depends on what you consider "ILS to minimum". The only approaches I've had to fly in Florida in the past few months have been to get through a layer and into VFR conditions below it, but usually 800-1000'+ ceilings. The only approach to mins I've had in Florida this year was into ORL during one of those few days where the ceiling was 200-300' and about 1sm underneath, in moderate rain. It's just not that common to have to shoot approaches to mins here unless you're doing so in a thunderstorm.

To minimum means just that: Visibility &/or cloud at the specified distance or height.

So far that's been a number of times at due to fog at Tallahasee, Daytona, Vero Beach etc.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back