Salary check- CL604

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flyby1206

Anyone have salary figures for a CL604 FO in the northeast flying mostly domestic? Thanks!

Not sure about the NE specifically, but national average is about 85-95k (for F/O).

Not sure about the NE specifically, but national average is about 85-95k (for F/O).

Is that realistic for starting pay? or is that a figure for overall avg?

NBAA 2007 - Captain - Base Salary

Jet III (20-45k MTOW): Average 91,648, Median 90,000

Jet IV (45-80k MTOW): Average 111,009, Median 110,000

NBAA 2007 - Copilot - Base Salary

Jet III (20-45k MTOW): Average 63,363, Median 65,000

Jet IV (45-80k MTOW): Average 76,295, Median 75,600

Stanton 2006 - Copilot - CL604 (weighted)

Base Salary 74,200
Total Cash 81,900

Stanton 2006 - Copilot - Northeast Region (weighted)

Base Salary 76,300
Total Cash 82,300

Last edited:
Where I'm at it's:

FO Yr 1 60k
2 70k
3 80k
4 90k
5 + 100k

CA 1 90k
2 100k
3 110k
4 120k
5 + 130k

This is in the SE. "Self paid" 401k - good health insurance.

Hope this helps.

leave it to the ol' 135 junk to lower the bar. No offense at all meant towards the hard working 135 guys....been there and I have sympathy. It just never ceases to amaze me that a pilot doing the same thing, only for cheap a$$ charter operators, gets paid less when they actually work harder and typically have MUCH worse schedules.

I know, I know....."the profit margin in aviation...." but you know darn well the operator isn't taking a cut in pay!

Last edited:
Ya, it was a rough year - logged a total of 338 hours. If you can point me to a job that pays better than 355.00/hr and averages more than 18 days off per month - I am all ears.

Hey, if you are typed....there is some really good contract work out there. It may be a little tough to make contacts at first, but there are a few people I have met at recurrent who do nothing BUT contract. Granted they have loads of PIC time...but I can only assume there is a good market even if you don't have a lot of PIC time in type.

Next time you go to recurrent, ask a few of the instructors there. Most of those guys are pretty helpful, even if they rely a little on extra flying themselves. Better yet, if you know a few instructors from previous recurrents, give them a call tomorrow and pick their brains regarding other clients that use contract guys.

If you chose to do some contract.....I recommend calling a few pilots on the contract side and find out what is a realistic daily rate/expense compensation/etc. in the "for rent" pilot field.

Hope it all works for you. I have been told by the guys I have met that you can reject trips you don't want...take the ones you do (i.e. work as hard or as little as you need/want to). The downside is that you have to pay for your own recurrent typically.

Hope this helps....Any contract guys out there please chime in and verify/disprove my general knowledge. I haven't had to do any contract, so all I have is the conversations I've had at recurrent classses.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back