• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Safety Standown Day

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is a service industry afterall. What do you expect. Taxi's, hotels, buses, subways, and yes...aircraft. We provide the service no matter what. Rain or shine, holiday or no holiday, Sept. 11th or any other day. Like they said the passengers in the back don't care about the pilot who is at the airport at 5 am on Christmas Day flying their a$$es halfway across the country. It is a SERVICE industry.

Last edited:
I just hope the fleet service/SWAT team/turd hearders/poo pumpers/et. al. don't take a safety down day

Feel safer?

Yeah, but TSA can take a permanent holiday for all I care.

mar said:
Yeah, but TSA can take a permanent holiday for all I care.

True!

This might just be the dumbest idea I have ever heard. This is worse than the national dont buy gas on thursday day. This is dumber than calling French Fries, and French Toast, Freedom Fries and Freedom Toast.

Just plain retarded, I have bills to pay and make crap as it is, now you want me to tell my boss that on 9-11 I will not be able to fly him to KLAS?

Professional unions like doctors and lawyers have? Reality check - most white collar professions do not have unions. Most of the people I went to school with routinely work 50-60 hr weeks and do NOT get overtime.

BTW, if a civil engineer screws up, THOUSANDS of people can die. They usually top out around $75k/yr before retiring.

Latest resources

Back