• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sabreliner 65 info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The only other jet I can put it up against is the Sabre 60. Still a great airplane, but the 65 is much much better.

Its nice to see all the posts on the 65. I thought I was the only one who flys one, and knows what one is!!!

Ok, I have a few questions regarding the Sabreliner 65.

1.) I was just looking over some the the FS materials and their checklists are horriable. At least from what I am used to "AirNet" checklists. Are there any guy's out there that have something that has more flow too it. The checklists I am used to are much easier to follow with flows and very easy to use.

2.) What is a good target setting for 250KIAS?

3.) Fully configed, to maintain Vref what is a good target setting.

Coming from the LR35 I would think most numbers will be very similar or close, but just looking for some info from you guy's that have experience with the 65, as I have none.

Any other things I should know about it. Other then make sure it's not rusting

Ok, I have a few questions regarding the Sabreliner 65.

1.) I was just looking over some the the FS materials and their checklists are horriable. At least from what I am used to "AirNet" checklists. Are there any guy's out there that have something that has more flow too it. The checklists I am used to are much easier to follow with flows and very easy to use.

2.) What is a good target setting for 250KIAS?

3.) Fully configed, to maintain Vref what is a good target setting.

Coming from the LR35 I would think most numbers will be very similar or close, but just looking for some info from you guy's that have experience with the 65, as I have none.

Any other things I should know about it. Other then make sure it's not rusting

1. Yes, I made my own on MS Word by going through the airplane the way it was configured.

2. 250 KIAS??? Not sure what you mean there but assuming below 10,000' and in level flight. 750-800pph fuel flow will be right on the money to keep 250 straight and level.

3. Just like most other fan engines, 60%-65% N1 should be close. Around 700-800pph on the fuel burn.

Overall a great airplane to fly.

1. Yes, I made my own on MS Word by going through the airplane the way it was configured.

2. 250 KIAS??? Not sure what you mean there but assuming below 10,000' and in level flight. 750-800pph fuel flow will be right on the money to keep 250 straight and level.

3. Just like most other fan engines, 60%-65% N1 should be close. Around 700-800pph on the fuel burn.

Overall a great airplane to fly.

Thanks for the reply.
1.) Do you have a copy of your word version?
2.) Yes I meant for level flight below 10k, sorry I should have been more specific :)

Thanks for the help.

I have a checklist I can send you. P.M. me an address and I would be happy to send it.

Below 10K, I set about 70% N1 clean. Flaps 10 is about 80%. Also, using fuel flow will work too. Do you know if you have newer fuel computers (DECS) or the old computer? Your fuel flows will differ depending on which one you have, although not by much.

All said, it's a blast to fly.

Last edited:
I have a checklist I can send you. P.M. me an address and I would be happy to send it.

Below 10K, I set about 70% N1 clean. Flaps 10 is about 80%. Also, using fuel flow will work too. Do you know if you have newer fuel computers (DECS) or the old computer? Your fuel flows will differ depending on which one you have, although not by much.

All said, it's a blast to fly.

PM Sent Thanks...

Yea it's DEC'd and geeked... I figured 70% would probably be a good balllpark. In the 35 70-72% was money. Thanks again.

Latest resources

Back