• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sabotage on the ATL ramp?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why are you assuming the most African American men were in jail at one point in their lives? You are obviously a racist and biggot.

We need to send you back to 'Nam and drop you off in the middle of the jungle with nothing but a plastic knife and a fresh pair of tube socks.

Don't you guys do a walk around before you get in the airplane for god's sake? I would bet the faa would have an issue with someone taking off with melted glove on their pitot tubes. But that's just me.

Don't you guys do a walk around before you get in the airplane for god's sake? I would bet the faa would have an issue with someone taking off with melted glove on their pitot tubes. But that's just me.

From the story it sounds like it happened well after the walk-around was completed. I hope a very thorough investigation is conducted, by the FBI if necessary (fingerprinting the gloves, interviewing all ramp workers at that gate, etc). That's clear and straightforward sabotage, and could have resulted in a catastrophe. Hasn't anyone read those signs at FBOs that list the legal consequences of aircraft sabotage? 20 years in the federal slammer I believe.

Is there video surveillance of that area?

Maybe you are clueless. Maybe the walkaround was completed long before someone intentionally or otherwise left a glove on a pitot tube. In fact, window washes are done after the doors are closed just prior to pushback. Would you have the FO jump out and do another walk around to ensure nobody left a glove?

It's quite possible this was a bone-headed but honest mistake. I can't see anyone who is drawing a paycheck doing this on purpose.

And yes, Browntothebone, we are all racists. Including you. It's based on pattern recognition imprinting which occurrs the first few months after birth. Why do you think Tarzan didn't like people?

(and no, that is not a racist comment, I just thought it had more impact than a 'boy raised by wolves' analogy)

Read a book you.

Latest resources

Back