• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sabotage on the ATL ramp?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Stereotypes would not exist if there were not evidence to support them. Political correctness has been put in front of saying what is true.

I am not saying the rampers in ATL are all jail alumni, but statistics don't lie on which race populates most jails in America. Why they do is another debate.

I would agree that all to often I hear guys talking down to rampers before even saying hello, if you come at someone immediately, they naturally will be defensive back to you.

Sounds to me the captain should have asked the FO to check things out or got out himself and checked.

Too many of us are operating with complacency, and everyone needs to step it up on being professionals.

Medeco

OK, one more time. Most times the bug wash is done AFTER the door has been closed and ready for pushback. Kinda hard to do an inspection after the door has been closed.

The new procedure everytime I've asked at the new jetways is that they have to move the jetway before the bugwash is done. Of course i've had a few recently that haven't waited on the jetway to move first.

OK, one more time. Most times the bug wash is done AFTER the door has been closed and ready for pushback. Kinda hard to do an inspection after the door has been closed.

ASA is one of those companies where if the door is closed it is a crime against humanity to open it again, and have a look?

ASA has ACARS, so opening the door again, getting out and re-closing = a late departure. We have enough trouble as it is, thanks. How about the rampers just do their jobs properly?

And once again, dont let an on-time departure be put in front of safety.

This is the road too many are willing to go down, and it will burn someone bad, and make all of us look bad at the same time.

Go back and read the radio exchange that someone posted about this incident, if true, it all comes down to the PIC.

Medeco

Um, Med....all I'm saying is that every time I get a freakin bug wash - which we all know occurs after door close - I'm not sending out the FO to do another freakin walk around to check their work!!! Gimme a break! I should have the right to be reasonably assured the rampers didn't stick crap on my pitot tube! Right? Maybe we should reinspect the plane after the fuelers leave, after lav service, huffer disconnect andafter the tug is disconnected! All in the name of safety, right! We'll never leave the gate!

Um, Med....all I'm saying is that every time I get a freakin bug wash - which we all know occurs after door close - I'm not sending out the FO to do another freakin walk around to check their work!!! Gimme a break! I should have the right to be reasonably assured the rampers didn't stick crap on my pitot tube! Right? Maybe we should reinspect the plane after the fuelers leave, after lav service, huffer disconnect andafter the tug is disconnected! All in the name of safety, right! We'll never leave the gate!
what do we have, 800+ departures a day? and this has happened how many times? once...over how many days?.....yeah. ok. no worries.

No I am not saying that. I am saying they had a reason to go out and take a look as to why they had a stall fail message at the gate while the guy was cleaning the windshield, if this is in fact true.

I am also saying that too much emphasis is being put on OT departures without regard to safety, and this will always fall on the PIC to stand up and say stop/slowdown.

Thats all,

Medeco

Latest resources

Back