• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

S5 Moving to LGA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In the Hawaii inter-island market, as a pilot I hope Hawaiian beats the pants off of Mesa and Republic out there. I think most pilots would agree (except the two aforementioned) that the success of Hawaiian Airlines is most desirable.

Sure as Mesa or Republic pilots the success of those operations means you'll get to the coveted left seat quicker, but for everyone else the fact that the big Embraer's are leaving should be seen as a "win" for Hawaiian.

Haaaaaa! What's the matter, didn't get the job at Compass? Now you're upset at everybody else because you're a loser who just can't quite find their place in life?

Judging by your immature posts, I don't think you're in any position to be throwing the word "tard" around.
I love how people have that come back "what didn't get hired by XYZ". Like Compass is anywhere near the place to work?

RAH has not been able to fill enough seats on the Mokulele 170's to justify the costs of the jet. So, RAH is bringing those 3 airplanes (yes, only 3) back to the mainland where they will be folded into other operations. RAH has smaller and more efficient aircraft available for use in Hawaii. 135's, 145's, or Q400's could be sent out to Hawaii to cover the E170 flying. Initially, if Q400's are the chosen airframe for Hawaii, those planes will have to come from Lynx, but Bedford could easily arrange financing to acquire a few more Q400's to replace those leaving the mainland. In the interim, the 170 would be used to replace the Q400 on certain longer routes, but not on places like Aspen.

As for Shuttle America going to LGA, it is about time a base was opened there. Shuttle America has been flying for Delta out of LGA for a while, and the number of flights has continued to increase with time. Since Delta has not increased the number of aircraft that Shuttle operates on their behalf, it stands to reason that the other Shuttle bases will shrink somewhat as a result of LGA opening. I don't think ATL will lose many lines, though ATL will lose more lines than CMH or IND.

I love how people have that come back "what didn't get hired by XYZ". Like Compass is anywhere near the place to work?

My point is, not to highlight whether he got hired or not, but at one point he wanted to fly for a regional airline with "guppy killers". Now he's calling everybody who works for a regional airline which flies the the same "guppy killers", "tards". Just pointing out his hypocrisy.

Enjoy your LGA base!

Too bad they decided to use Shuttle for that operation instead of Compass... NOT!

You guys can keep it!

Oops...sorry, Lynx too

What no love for Lynx?

Without doing copious amounts of research, I was trying to recall all of the RAH brand names and did not in any way intend to leave the Lynx crowd out of the party. I inadvertently added Freedom into the fray which I guess is actually Mesa.
Isn't it interesting how the regionals are essentially controlled by three big entities, RAH, MESA, and Skywest, yet operated under a multitude of brand names and sub contractors. I guess when you throw in a few of the little guys like Comair, mesaba, transtates, pinnacle, expressjet it's enough to make your head spin.

For the Hawaii market, Mokulele has spent some major advertising bucks touting the comfort of their leather seat jets in comparison to the go product or even the HAL 717 ride. If they abandon the 170 it will be a MAJOR shift in their marketing and play for the interisland market. It used to be Aloha and HAL dueling it out with 737's vs DC9's in Hawaii, now it's HAL vs everyone else in the locals minds. I don't know, but HAL seems to be doing a very good job of holding its own against Mesa and Mokulele.
LUV

Isn't it interesting how the regionals are essentially controlled by three big entities, RAH, MESA, and Skywest, yet operated under a multitude of brand names and sub contractors. I guess when you throw in a few of the little guys like Comair, mesaba, transtates, pinnacle, expressjet it's enough to make your head spin.

Pinnacle is about the same size as the entire Mesa Air Group and Express Jet is about the size of Pinnacle and Mesa put together. The DAL owned and controlled trio of Comair, Mesaba, and Compass are even bigger than Express Jet. The Mesa Air Group is a relatively insignificant player on the regional airline circuit and yes, they do still SUCK!

Well thanks....

Pinnacle is about the same size as the entire Mesa Air Group and Express Jet is about the size of Pinnacle and Mesa put together. The DAL owned and controlled trio of Comair, Mesaba, and Compass are even bigger than Express Jet. The Mesa Air Group is a relatively insignificant player on the regional airline circuit and yes, they do still SUCK!

Thanks "doinTime", I was not aware that Mesa was so small by comparison. They receive so much press you would think they dominate the world.
The DAL trio goes to make my point, in what other industry would a company operate three seperate companies doing essentially the same job, simultaneously if not for the express reason as to compete the labor against one another internally. If the contracts were universally standardized for being a pilot, you have to believe that DAL would instantly move to combine all regional units under one roof, or even roll it into the mainline operation. But because each contract is individually agreed upon, and RFT's are floated to get the costs down, they instead find worth in operating several companies with major redundancies. All of that redundancy is coming from what could be paid to employees with no net cost increase.
LUV

Latest resources

Back