S&P predicts 'huge losses' at AirTran

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well that sucks.

There's absolutely no better airline to jumpseat on than AirTran. Super friendly, from the gate agents to the f/a's to the pilots.

And first class is often available and gratefully accepted by the discerning freeloader.

Hang tight, AirTran.

Well that sucks.

There's absolutely no better airline to jumpseat on than AirTran. Super friendly, from the gate agents to the f/a's to the pilots.

Glad to hear that you've been having good experiences jumpseating on da Tranny. I recently did the same on Midex. Everyone was very hospitable, and I was very impressed with their operation.

Thanks, Midex.

Last edited:
Well that sucks.

And first class is often available and gratefully accepted by the discerning freeloader.

Hang tight, AirTran.
You must not get through BWI or ATL much... ;)

I'm kidding... sorta... I hear BWI has gotten a bit better since their "meltdown". ATL will always be hit and miss, depending on which gate agent you get.

Sometimes you can be as sweet as pie, and they're still a royal PITA. Guess that goes for every airline though. Don't think any of them are perfect. Just glad to have a free ride...

Glad you're enjoying it. Hope they don't reinstate the stupid fees as a way to "save costs", a.k.a., make money off the "non-revs".

Just like the reports that we were in bankruptcy, oh wait, then they realized that it was ATA and not AirTran.

These are analysts from different firms/banks. A little different then some news network making a mistake. We do not have route monopolies to shrink down to. We may have the lowest cost in the industry but our revenue generation per a seat mile is also the lowest in the industry. Having low RASM in this environment is having a very bad hand at the poker table when you low on money.

The point is the same. Opinions are like aholes everyone has one. Last month an article showed analysts listing Southwest, Jetblue, Continental and AirTran as the top 4 in their prediction of survivability.

And I think we got that CAK market monopolized so we do have a fortress hub :)

Latest resources

Back