RVSM and military aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
C-21s not RVSM compliant

I do know that in 05, the C-21 folks will hate life. They aren't RVSM compliant, and won't be plying the upper FLs. I'm glad I'm leaving for the Herk this summer, where FL280 is the service ceiling!

FL700 hello?????what's up with that....should you really be talking about that...hmmm...I'm use to 300 true......and the mid 20's

It appears that the vast majority of the KC-135 fleet is now RVSM. Very rarely do I see a jet that is non compliant anymore. In addition, Fairchild is about 1/3 GATM compliant now. There are quite a few tanker guys from other bases (as well as ANG guys) coming thru Fairchild getting Block 40 (GATM) qualed. The fleet should be completely B40 in the next 3 years or so.

This is kind of a sore subject in my community. B-52's are not RVSM complaint or FMI (which sucks for flying anywhere near Europe). Everytime we go trans-oceanic we have to fly below 290, which is awesome for gas mileage. :rolleyes:

The are no plans in the immediate future to make the B-52 fleet complaint, since every dollar they spend upgrading the B-52 fleet is seen as a dollar less that can go into the F-22 and F-35...

I'm definitely not looking forward to RVSM going into effect here in the CONUS.

CameronW said:
Everytime we go trans-oceanic we have to fly below 290, which is awesome for gas mileage. :rolleyes:

But it keeps me busy taking you guys in and out of certain remote island locations.

Keeps me tan too! :cool:

Cruise157 said:
But it keeps me busy taking you guys in and out of certain remote island locations.

Keeps me tan too! :cool:
I gotta ask- do you know Yum Yum? :eek: :D

BTW, I'm going out to Guam next month. Are you guys out of Okinawa working doing any AR (training sorties) with us out that way? Seems like you guys would be the closest permanent party tanker unit. I'm a flight scheduler, so either way I'm sure your schedulers will be hearing from me before too long. :)

Last edited:
Call the Portland (Oregon) guys. We had a great time there a few weeks ago and would love to come back anytime! IMHO we did a great job for the B-52s fellas there as well!

Brian said:
Call the Portland (Oregon) guys. We had a great time there a few weeks ago and would love to come back anytime! IMHO we did a great job for the B-52s fellas there as well!
I will! We appreciate ya'll coming out for the "business effort," and I'm sure it's not a bad deal for you guys either. Sun, sand, and short sorties. :cool:

I'm sure they have a phone roster with your number out there, but I don't have you guys on my CONUS tanker roster at Barksdale. Would you mind shooting me a PM with the DSN for your scheduling shop?

Latest resources

Back