Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

peter185

Is this low?
Was wondering if anyone knew how this was going to affect military ops. I am guessing that the military will just be exempt from the rules. Any guesses.

me too..

I was wondering about that too. They are probably exempt till there is a near midair, then what? Have I ever seen a military aircraft with some altimeter error...naaagghhh

DoD has a blanket waiver for DRVSM (Domestic). The waiver is for SUA not controlled by an ARTCC and is only "traffic permitting". In Jan 05 when DRVSM becomes a reality you will find very few non-compliant aircraft above FL 280.

By the way AF cargo and tanker aircraft are the only compliant military aicraft. FL 280 should be very busy.

Great Avatar pic. Use to water ski all the time with Air Tractors and cubs. Lots of fun.

I need to clarify my response. SUA not controlled by ARTCC is automatically excluded from DRVSM requirements. Non-compliant DoD aircraft will be allowed on a "traffic permitting" basis.

all 89 AW are RVSM

I just wanted to add that beyond the Cargo and Tanker aircraft all 89th aircraft for VIP ops. are also RVSM and were the first to be qualified in '98

Navy Complies

I know how you AF folks think so highly of yourselves, but all of the Navy VR aircraft minus 4 are RVSM compliant. C-9, G3, G4, G5, and of course the C-40's.

Ciao:D

We have to comply with RVSM requirements.

But, sometimes we get to have fun anyway...with these great things called ALTRVs.

For RVSM...compliant aircraft can fly in RVSM airspace, like on the NATs. Non-compliant aircraft have to fly north or south of the NATs and out of the RVSM (usually below) airspace. It sucks to be those guys...

I do worry about when GATM becomes a requirement though, since it seems the AF has cancelled the upgrades to make at least two of the A/C types GATM compliant.

Latest resources

Back