• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RVR t/o requirements/ Part 121

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have to agree with Avbug on this one, I have flown for several 135 & 121 operators with lower than standard TO mins. and all the ops specs required at least two RVR reports for 600 now 500 RVR takeoffs. The only place adequate visual reference comes into play is if the touchdown RVR is the one inoperative. I think this is what you'll find if you reread your op specs.

H2OK9 said:
avbug
I agree with what you're saying, you have to use rvr if they have it, all I was saying is that our rvr is 600 not 500, if there is no rvr we can go with the visual ref. i.e. runway edge lights etc....

But, in this case, as avbug pointed out..and if you read your ops specs it will confirm it...you can only go with 1/4 mi vis.

to clearify..and you guys are right...with the rvr...we have to have at least two reporting with rcl etc...but our rvr mins are still 600 not 500. if no rvr is reporting we can do a 1/4 mile vis with adeq vis ref.

It depends on the op specs. We can use 600/600/600 all of wich are controlling. If one is inop the mid or rollout can be substituted. Also centerline lights and runway markings are required.

Latest resources

Back