• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RVR Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
which do not apply at most 121 with their own ops specs.

If you are talking about the 10-9 page ... the lower than std mins have to be published in order to be used. If they are not published there isn't much reason to look in the fom. Also, the 'takeoff block' reminds you what is needed in regards to lights and marking and rvr for the 6, 6, 6 instance. Look there then the FOM to make for certain is what I was trying to say.

The TDZE RVR of 1600 allows T/O under adequate visual reference regardless of the other RVR's. If TDZE RVR were less than 1600 then the other RVR's would be controlling as well. That is what my book say anyway.

Good explanation. Have to correct one thing though. The departure alternate must meet published or dirived, if you have the op spec for it, altn mins. The 1-2-3 rule is only to see if a destination altn is requiered by the far's.

Thanks... little rusty, its been a few months since I've picked up a book on this!

Hulk and the best are correct, you CAN takeoff with 1600/500/500. If you have 1600 or 1/4 mile in the TDZ and adequate visual ref, then you are good to go.

Latest resources

Back