• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RV suggestions, please.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
well i helped a family friend build a-6 on tricycle gear. but i can tell you its not gonna fit anyone more than 6' tall comfortably...unless you build a little more room into the seat mountings. im 6-3 and i just felt it needed 10% more vertical room.

now i saw a really cool pic a while back of an RV-3 with a czech LOM engine (you know...the burable ranger type engines) inverted 4 cyl inline...looked absolutely smooth and VERY cool. now LOM makes much larger inline 6's with superchargers (with on off function for takeoff or cruise) with enough power for you. would be alot of fun and look sweet methinks. oh, and it runs origionally on 78 octane gas and autogas is readily available for this thing....just as fast...cheaper to own ..cheaper to operate, BIG tbo.

[edit:]found it. jim ayers's RV-3 www.matronics.com/ftp/scans/rv/896inln1.jpg and halfway down this page www.moraviation.com/aircraft_builders.html [end edit]

Last edited:
Airpiraterob said:
well i helped a family friend build a-6 on tricycle gear. but i can tell you its not gonna fit anyone more than 6' tall comfortably...unless you build a little more room into the seat mountings. im 6-3 and i just felt it needed 10% more vertical room.

I'm 6'2" and had no comfort/fit issues in the -6A.

Latest resources

Back