Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Running out of options (my first bout with the aviation blues)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Very sorry to hear that. Keep pursuing them. Call and bug 'em and let them know you really WANT the job. At least that's what everyone always says...bug 'em. Anyway, sorry man.

Very sorry to hear that. Keep pursuing them. Call and bug 'em and let them know you really WANT the job. At least that's what everyone always says...bug 'em. Anyway, sorry man.

Believe me I am. The "guy" told me to call him back tomorrow. He's one of those people you have to call 100 times to get anything out of him. I swear I know his secretary like family. He told me last thursday "we definatley can use you and I think we'll have no problem finding something for you. I'll call you Monday and well discuss the specifics like placement and salary and benefits." That to me was a job offer. :( I'll let ya'll know what I find out tomorrow. What was the name of that truck driving school again? Truckmasters was it?

Well, I finally got him nailed down. Offer is final! And the irony is we've got a couple of former instructors that have gone to the airlines that are trying to come back that got furloughed. I'm going to keep instructing on the side though so the IFR and the cert stays.

Well, I finally got him nailed down. Offer is final! And the irony is we've got a couple of former instructors that have gone to the airlines that are trying to come back that got furloughed. I'm going to keep instructing on the side though so the IFR and the cert stays.

Good job, dude. Don't get discouraged so easily. A previous poster was right in saying if ever an employer gives you that "we'll call you at the end of the week" shpiel, you have to go into overdrive to make it known to them that you want the job more than the others. That is the last way you can distinguish yourself from the field once your interview is done.

But hey, it worked out and you got it. I'd say with the times you have and the state of the industry, it's a good job to have and it will lead to others.

Best of luck to you.

Way to go, and congrats again. Build that time up fast!! :)

Keep your head up and you can do it...

I got booted off another forum full of stuck up elitists jet pilots when I was going through the aviation blues.

little over a year and a half later I went from having about $5.00 in my pocket to paying my home off and having nearly 100k liquid in the bank.

I still do what I was doing (Export Pilot) then but changed my strategy. With the weak U.S. dollar exports are record High.

If It's to be and you want to succeed in aviation it's all up to you and do what you gotta do! There is always a way just turn the brain on hopefully before you hit the bottom.

#1 thing to do is get out and network..... aka make connections.

There is always Exporting (ferrying) Aircraft it's risky but pays dam well one you work your way up and get a good business plan and the equipment.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back