Rumors Fly Over Fate of Midwest Planes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wonder if "Chip" will be furloughed?

Chip is part of TH's "profitable" $115 oil strategy he bragged about.........

I haven't heard that one yet but I what I do hear and see is the load factors the last few months have been HORRIBLE. I realize its a slow time of year and most airlines are down on load factor right now but Midwest/Skywest/Republic have been very low. AirTran's new cities today from MKE will further drive the nail in the coffin.

Wouldn't it be something to see Americans having to cross the border into Mexico to get a job?
Truly sad. I'm terribly sorry guys.
Thanks for always treating me well when I needed a ride. YOU, the employees, ran a great airline. Hope your management team rots in hell.

You talking about the same management team that the Midwest MEC couldn't wait to just stand behind 18 months ago?

STFU. Just throw salt in the wound why don't you? They made a mistake and paid for it dearly. Now some pilots that were making $150 dollars/hour are out of work with no jobs anywhere. They could go to Compass and fly an aircraft just a little bit smaller for $23/hour. Midwest was a once proud airline with proud employees. Two years ago it was a proud airline. I truly am sorry to the Midwest pilots. I am ashamed of what our country has become from the top down.

I am sorry I don't feel any sympathy for your $150/hr Captains that are losing their job. They chose to side with Timmy H. instead of Joe L. For as bad as Joe and crew might have been over the years with employee moral, they did a pretty good job growing into a 140 airplane airline right in Delta's backyard. Timmy H. on the other hand couldn't build an airline in MKE with no competition. I listened to several MEH earning conference calls and that guy was a complete idiot. Timmy H. was already starting to downsize all your flying to RJs two years ago but your MEC didn't care because it didn't affect them then. Now all of a sudden, the senior MEC guys are being affected and everyone should care, give me break.

I feel more for the FOs I fly with that are stuck at $60-70/hr and might be for another 3-5 years until we start getting deliveries again. Good news is all FOs are being recalled and some of the guys that were downgraded are being reupgraded as we increase the utilization rate on our current fleet.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back