• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rumors Fly Over Fate of Midwest Planes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
First off, make some sense when you're posting. After that, quit trying to make Republic look like some white knight sweeping in to save the day for Midwest. That may or that may not happen, but it sure doesn't seem like it's going swimmingly so far, and either way, it's out of your hands and mine. We're stuck flying our contract and doing our jobs, and if the Midwest pilots strike, we back them up, but other than that, we're little pawns in a game that you and I don't have any say in. Maybe our contract is a fairly middle of the road regional contract, but it's being used by people to manipulate a company whose pilots negotiated a far better contract a while back, and any time an appropriately compensated pilot group loses ground, it's a sad day for the industry and our future.

By no means is RP a shinning night! All I am doing to stating a fact... This flying has F&CKED everyone.

Now this begs the question again... Why is the 175 a mainline airplane... To me it is a regional, I work for a regional I refer to it as an ERJ unlike others...
Is it because we use a jet bridge like the CRJ, because we have slides? Because the engines hang?

I know all regionals should be paid more for the job... but ALPA is to blame for this...

I do not choose to what I make ( in a sense of the matter I did) just have to so I can move on to a legacy carrier...

I also agree we all need to be unified... But it will never happen, Pilots and our TYPE A personalities will prevent this from happening.

I do not choose to what I make ( in a sense of the matter I did) just have to so I can move on to a legacy carrier...

Really? When did legacy carriers announce big aircraft orders? Guess what? Though no fault of your own (debatable to some) narrow-body aircraft are on the decline. That makes more RJ captains competing for fewer narrow-body jobs. So hows that legacy career path working out? Feeling lucky?

Now this begs the question again... Why is the 175 a mainline airplane... To me it is a regional, I work for a regional I refer to it as an ERJ unlike others...
Is it because we use a jet bridge like the CRJ, because we have slides? Because the engines hang?

Riddle me this...

What's "regional" about DCA-MCI routes?

Riddle me this...

What's "regional" about DCA-MCI routes?

Exactly! The big E-jets are regional only if you mean North America as the region...MCOE175...you have been brainwashed. Please contact your nearest union official for de-programming.

I just want to add that AWAC and the mighty CRJ-200 did that run before the E-Jets.

Yep, I think I said something to that effect in a previous post. The cat has been out of that bag. I was a part of the problem (from the commuter pilot prospective) but I quickly turned away from the dark side (left Mesa for ATA).

My point is that I reluctantly concede the 50 seat flying as "regional" strictly from a revenue standpoint since, as pointed out earlier, that CMH-DFW is a fairly large region, but the 70 to 100 seats is just stupid.

Management is all too eager to keep sliding that regional definition because our young padawan jedi (MCO E175) is willing to fly it for rock bottom prices, being, as he stated this was just a "stepping stone" to ...somewhere....a legacy? really?

Maybe you can get on with American and upgrade at age ...oh I don't know ...like 70!. Can I get a Jon Stewart face .....aaaarrrrr?

Maybe you can get on with American and upgrade at age ...oh I don't know ...like 70!. Can I get a Jon Stewart face .....aaaarrrrr?

Thats the upgrade time for current American FO's....:)

Ok so then if it is not a Regional Jet, then why do people call it one when we are taxiing around?
If for some chance DL mainline flew the 175... I am sure the guys behind the controls would be pissed if we said we were going to follow the RJ.

Plain and simple it is an RJ, nothing more nothing less!

Ok so then if it is not a Regional Jet, then why do people call it one when we are taxiing around?
If for some chance DL mainline flew the 175... I am sure the guys behind the controls would be pissed if we said we were going to follow the RJ.

Plain and simple it is an RJ, nothing more nothing less!

It is a cheap narrowbody. Thats the truth!

Latest resources

Back