• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rumors Fly Over Fate of Midwest Planes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's to keep Republic as the 'large RJ' provider for Delta. It's a pay for play.

Yep...$68/hr CA/ $37 FO at Republic versus $128/hr CA/ $85 FO at Midwest. Twice the labor cost to run a B717 over a E-170. Pathetic. Hey Midwest guys, did you guys not have a scope clause, or did management find a way around it?

Last edited:
Yep...$68/hr CA/ $37 FO at Republic versus $128/hr CA/ $85 FO at Midwest. Twice the labor cost to run a B717 over a E-170. Pathetic. Hey Midwest guys, did you guys not have a scope clause, or did management find a way around it?

Not to justify the crappy pay scales we have here at RP but what you are failing to mention that you are quoting 10 year pay at Midwest and 85 dollars an hour for an fo after 10 years is pretty bad!!!
10 year at RP is 86... that good either.

Compaired to DL Midwest is getting "Regional pay" to fly those airplanes percentage wise.

So pretty pathetic on both sides of the spectrum!

They (Seabury/TPG) found a way around it. Our mgmt didn't have the balls/intelligence to pull this off on their own. Expect more of this lawyering around scope in this industry. We (the pilots and FAs) filed a grievance and both lost.

Not to justify the crappy pay scales we have here at RP but what you are failing to mention that you are quoting 10 year pay at Midwest and 85 dollars an hour for an fo after 10 years is pretty bad!!!
10 year at RP is 86... that good either.

Compaired to DL Midwest is getting "Regional pay" to fly those airplanes percentage wise.

So pretty pathetic on both sides of the spectrum!

Speak the facts Republic man! Our payrates do suck, but........

Our pay rates are based on a 66 seat (thats 4 LESS than your 170) DC-9. $50 more an hour for 10yr. FO than your and CA rates almost $40 more. We have a pension and a small dc plan, in addition to trip (3.5:1) and duty rigs (2:1).

DAL's DC9 series 10yr FO rates (MD90's-DC-9's) are in the high 90's. Not that significantly higher than ours compared to yours (and they are flying a lot more than 88/99 seats), but we're getting "regional" pay? What are you smoking?

Keep justifying the sucking away of mainline jobs and routes for regional pay and benefits. Delta is next as their domestic feed can simply be transferred to a Republic Code share via Midwest. "Hey they're not code sharing with Delta, but with Midwest."

Speak the facts Republic man! Our payrates do suck, but........

Our pay rates are based on a 66 seat (thats 4 LESS than your 170) DC-9. $50 more an hour for 10yr. FO than your and CA rates almost $40 more. We have a pension and a small dc plan, in addition to trip (3.5:1) and duty rigs (2:1).

DAL's DC9 series 10yr FO rates (MD90's-DC-9's) are in the high 90's. Not that significantly higher than ours compared to yours (and they are flying a lot more than 88/99 seats), but we're getting "regional" pay? What are you smoking?

Keep justifying the sucking away of mainline jobs and routes for regional pay and benefits. Delta is next as their domestic feed can simply be transferred to a Republic Code share via Midwest. "Hey they're not code sharing with Delta, but with Midwest."

Its all in just! We are no mainline nor do we get paid like one... we are a regional airline and get paid like it.
But like it or not... RP saved Midex... if it wasn't for them 400 pilots and who knows how many flight attendants would be out of a job!
No one here wanted this flying and for the most part we are pretty much backing you guys on it.

Its all in just! We are no mainline nor do we get paid like one... we are a regional airline and get paid like it.
But like it or not... RP saved Midex... if it wasn't for them 400 pilots and who knows how many flight attendants would be out of a job!
No one here wanted this flying and for the most part we are pretty much backing you guys on it.

so 300 on the street is ok for your conscience, because you "saved" midwest? now you are the whipsaw to Delta mainline domestic through timmy.

Actually when I was furloughed as a 12 year YX captain my rate was $144 an hour...and I was fairly junior. Our work rules were so-so...but our rates were pretty good. The new owners had their sights on our pay from day one...and our scope was...well you can see what it was.

First off, make some sense when you're posting. After that, quit trying to make Republic look like some white knight sweeping in to save the day for Midwest. That may or that may not happen, but it sure doesn't seem like it's going swimmingly so far, and either way, it's out of your hands and mine. We're stuck flying our contract and doing our jobs, and if the Midwest pilots strike, we back them up, but other than that, we're little pawns in a game that you and I don't have any say in. Maybe our contract is a fairly middle of the road regional contract, but it's being used by people to manipulate a company whose pilots negotiated a far better contract a while back, and any time an appropriately compensated pilot group loses ground, it's a sad day for the industry and our future.

First off, make some sense when you're posting. After that, quit trying to make Republic look like some white knight sweeping in to save the day for Midwest. That may or that may not happen, but it sure doesn't seem like it's going swimmingly so far, and either way, it's out of your hands and mine. We're stuck flying our contract and doing our jobs, and if the Midwest pilots strike, we back them up, but other than that, we're little pawns in a game that you and I don't have any say in. Maybe our contract is a fairly middle of the road regional contract, but it's being used by people to manipulate a company whose pilots negotiated a far better contract a while back, and any time an appropriately compensated pilot group loses ground, it's a sad day for the industry and our future.

amen, agreed 100%. well said.

Look Dude, you obviously don't get it. Your statement (in bold) says it all. You are flying mainline aircraft. Don't let anyone tell you different. The E-170/190 aircraft are not regional airliners!. I'm not insulting you. I want to encourage you to demand what you should be paid.

BTW, I quoted 10 pay scales at Midwest because the junior CA has been there 10 years and FO's can't be far behind.

I was where you are about a decade ago. I had a little over 3000 total time when I got typed in a CL-65 and I always wondered why bigger jet operators were showing me their payscales and schedules. I get it now. Scope is relaxed and no one wins.

I know you don't have any choice over who you fly for, but you do have a choice over what you get paid.

Get Unified and demand higher pay or in 10 years you will be wondering why the he!l brand XYZ connection airline is flying 110 seat jets for half of your pay.

Latest resources

Back