• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rumors are that Delta .....scope....pilots.....$$$

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do you mean more than 76 seaters? Bigger? I doubt it. Would they try to add more 76 seaters to reduce the ratio? I bet they might try, but anything larger than 76 seats would be shot down quickly IMO.

Bye Bye---General Lee

No.
I actually do believe that >76 seaters doesn't have the will to get done. I'm sure your mgmt is floating that though.
First does delta have unlimited abilities to outsource the 76 seat 90 seaters? And if not, what are the restrictions?
Ive assumed there are restrictions so My question is would DALPA loosen those restrictions and allow more 76 seaters in exchange for reduction of 50 seaters?
If so- how would it be sold? Less block hours, but more or equal RJASMs?

This isn't flame-
This is recognizing DALPA has been a big part of the outsourcing problem and are they ready to reign it in and still get pay raises the industry also greatly needs?
Do you all believe as I do that fuel is providing the real financial pressure to get rid of the 50-seat rjs?

Last edited:
Consider the fact that airline pilot pay is down 40% since the mid 80's. Partly because of cuts, partly smaller airplanes and partly growth of the regionals. All three issues need to be addressed, and growth at the regionals is not a solution to any of them.

Consider the fact that airline pilot pay is down 40% since the mid 80's. Partly because of cuts, partly smaller airplanes and partly growth of the regionals. All three issues need to be addressed, and growth at the regionals is not a solution to any of them.
except for those career regional pilots, the guys in the CA seat making close to 100K in their late 40's and mid 50's. The guys living in base with every weekend off. A move to a major, with loss of seniority and the uncertainty that comes being on the bottom of a list, not to mention maybe never seeing pay parity. Growth at the regionals will be good for some.

too funny, just weeks ago Jenny and Oys preaching NO MORE 70+ seaters, now sounding like the girls are preparing for it, next will be 86 seaters, remember ASA already had 88 seaters and even one 100 seater awhile back (BAC 146)

GL has a history of flipping on this issue, he already made this statement once before in 2006...

"Scope is HUGE and we won't budge. We have at least 51% that would vote NO on any increase in size of RJ for DCI.

Bye Bye--General Lee"

Come on General, don't do it again!!!!

GL has a history of flipping on this issue, he already made this statement once before in 2006...

"Scope is HUGE and we won't budge. We have at least 51% that would vote NO on any increase in size of RJ for DCI.

Bye Bye--General Lee"

Come on General, don't do it again!!!!

Do it again, riiiight. You forgot back then we had a BK judge looking down at us, and told liquidation was possible. Not the same deal today. Anything larger than 76 seaters is a NO vote from me.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Guys, we all know how this is going down regardless of what Genitals says. Delta will fold like a cheap suit for a minimal pay raise. Their narrow body captains will make a little less than SWA FOs and all Delta FOs will make less than an Air Force pilot.

I'm using history as my guide. This is a good chance for the industry to take a step forward, but the industry is asking the scrubs to win a big game. So, in other words, prepare to be underwhelmed and disappointed.

General, or any delta guys want to answer my questions-
GL, that's a dodge-

Do it again, riiiight. You forgot back then we had a BK judge looking down at us, and told liquidation was possible. Not the same deal today. Anything larger than 76 seaters is a NO vote from me.
Bye Bye---General Lee

same old tune eh Jenny, y'all folded in the past and will do so again, I'll never make it to the big leagues and sadly, will never will be able to pull gear for you. :nuts:

a www too bad little Freebrd can't get an interview......why not buy your type like Wave did and SWA will pick you up!

don't expect to either if y'all give in on scope Billy Bob, and yeah, many thats where I need to go, SWA. At least THEY have their scope under control!

I wish nothing but good things for DALPA and will send positive vibes their way to hold on to or improve scope AND pass SWA pilots in pay and benefits. Good luck and Godspeed!

shootr

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back