Rumors are that Delta .....scope....pilots.....$$$

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let's explore that-

Would DALPA expand scope to higher seat #'s in order to reduce 50-seaters that are going away bc of fuel prices anyway?

I have been hearing rumors that..

-Polls are that the majority of Delta pilots care more about their future pay increases rather than preserving scope.

-That Delta is preparing to add narrow body planes and give 30-40% increase in pay for pilots for releasing 80-90 seat scope

That the bankruptcy at Pinnacle and the massive pre approval of aircraft loans by Skywest are an attempt to secure that flying.

The Negotiating Committee, the MEC, and the union would be gone if that was even OFFERED. If they want something bigger than 76 seats, it will be flown at mainline. I don't know ANYONE on the INTL side that would vote to allow it, and especially nobody flying domestic. ALPA would be gone quickly, replaced by the inhouse union that is waiting for something like that to happen. There are already 4000 people who have thrown in their card to the other union possibility, and I will too if I see a TA with anything like that attached. I would say that is a big NO. If they want 80-90 seat jets, they can have an unlimited amount, with mainline guys flying them.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Let's explore that-

Would DALPA expand scope to higher seat #'s in order to reduce 50-seaters that are going away bc of fuel prices anyway?

Do you mean more than 76 seaters? Bigger? I doubt it. Would they try to add more 76 seaters to reduce the ratio? I bet they might try, but anything larger than 76 seats would be shot down quickly IMO.

Bye Bye---General Lee

So are the AirTran 717s going to Delta or Expressjet?

It would be Delta if it happens. Zero chance going to Expressjet.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Anyone who thinks 76 seaters should be flown by express should have their head examined.

Whatever is being flown now could be grandfathered in, but not one more 51+ seat jet should go to someone not on the mainline seniority list.

Just my humble opinion.

Do you mean more than 76 seaters? Bigger? I doubt it. Would they try to add more 76 seaters to reduce the ratio? I bet they might try, but anything larger than 76 seats would be shot down quickly IMO.Bye Bye---General Lee

too funny, just weeks ago Jenny and Oys preaching NO MORE 70+ seaters, now sounding like the girls are preparing for it, next will be 86 seaters, remember ASA already had 88 seaters and even one 100 seater awhile back (BAC 146)

oh ok freebrd.....

This "girl" laughs at your little excuse for a mainline plane......awww too bad little Freebrd can't get an interview......why not buy your type like Wave did and SWA will pick you up!

This message is hidden because Freebrd is on your ignore list.

Bye Bye--General Lee

To Scoot, Bill Lumberg and Freebird (who is on my ignore list so I will assume the usual crap from that one)-I never once said they were facts. I have heard from more than two people who were spreading what they heard from Delta pilots. Heck I have not even been to the airport in a month. I am not spreading any discontent or trying to divide anyone at Delta, southwest, or any other petty differences anyone has out there. The only thing I know for sure is what I see on the section 1113 filing that my company has and it has some fishy items on there for larger than 76 seat planes.

To General and anyone else who has responded with their opinions or knowledge-thanks. Like I said I heard a couple things and just want to know what is going on. Maybe next time I will PM those of you who I follow on here who have some sensibility to your postings. The bashing from Bill is from someone I probably work with or who is bitter because somehow they ended up with a higher number than I did on the SLI at Pinnacle even though my DOH is 4 years higher than theirs....ha....bill you can kiss my ass whoever you are

To Scoot, Bill Lumberg and Freebird (who is on my ignore list so I will assume the usual crap from that one)-I never once said they were facts. I have heard from more than two people who were spreading what they heard from Delta pilots. Heck I have not even been to the airport in a month. I am not spreading any discontent or trying to divide anyone at Delta, southwest, or any other petty differences anyone has out there. The only thing I know for sure is what I see on the section 1113 filing that my company has and it has some fishy items on there for larger than 76 seat planes.

To General and anyone else who has responded with their opinions or knowledge-thanks. Like I said I heard a couple things and just want to know what is going on. Maybe next time I will PM those of you who I follow on here who have some sensibility to your postings. The bashing from Bill is from someone I probably work with or who is bitter because somehow they ended up with a higher number than I did on the SLI at Pinnacle even though my DOH is 4 years higher than theirs....ha....bill you can kiss my ass whoever you are

XJ,

I don't mind giving my opinion (obviously), and I think there are a lot of rumors out there, some of which may be put out there as a "fishing expedition." I'm not saying that is what you did, but that does go on. I think it is very very unlikely that anything larger than 76 seats will go to DCI. I think there is a chance that DCI could get some more 76 seaters in exchange for losing more 50 seaters (that are going away anyway), but that too may be voted down. I would like to see more of the flying go to the mainline pilots, and I would like us to hire more DCI pilots to fly any new planes we get. Yes, pay will be important for this upcoming contract, but scope is just as important to most people here too. I don't see giving up one to get the other.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back