Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rumor: USair management offers APA a deal?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There is no need to court USAPA in this deal they have no say. However IF such rumored payrates and contract provisions were true (which I'm dubious about personally), US Air pilots east and west would trip all over themselves to sign a joint contract whether it's NIC, DOH, or anything in between. I think that's what DP could be counting on? Remember the nic is not so damaging to the east when it's diluted by 11,000 American pilots. DOH across the board would be a disaster for the west but IMHO there's no chance of that.

This is the rumor:

1. Delta plus 3% rates. Pay parity begins for all 3 groups immediately.
2. Automatic parity with UNITED and/or DELTA with all other contract sections.
3. 319/320/737/MD90 in pay class, 321/757 in separate class.
4. 10% B fund with a 4% 401k company contribution.
5. 7 year fence written in to the contract, as this is when most East pilots will be gone. Don't know if this is a domicile or equipment fence.
6. E190 rates go to JB rates within 2 years and all hiring and furloughing is done through this aircraft. (Not sure how that works, but that's what he said).

He mentioned that the AA unions are ALL shunning current management (Horton) and that they are all going with Parker.

I don't understand your last sentence, other than screwing with the easties (which I'm OK with). AA pilots with not be getting a pay bump absent a merger and certainly they will not be the only group getting a pay bump if the AA/US merger comes to fruition.

My AA source says only 6% B fund (not 10%) plus 4% 401k, but every thing else is same. Wait and see.

oops, wrong thread.

Last edited:
Laying over in LAX last week. AA 767/MIA crew was there and said that Parker had made a presentation to APA executive board and got standing ovation.

More imortantly:
Also think that one of our Capts. scored a 2v1 with F/A's from above flight. They were pretty attractive, IMO.:)

Laying over in LAX last week. AA 767/MIA crew was there and said that Parker had made a presentation to APA executive board and got standing ovation.

More imortantly:
Also think that one of our Capts. scored a 2v1 with F/A's from above flight. They were pretty attractive, IMO.:)

Billy and Steven? Your captain likes to ride the train huh. Maybe I don't want to merge with AA....jk :)

More imortantly:

For the AMR employees it's a choice between two poisonous snakes, which one do you want to bite you? DP can't be making offers like this without a lot of small print because he has no idea what the rest of the cost structure will look like yet. The devil is always hiding in the details, if I were an APA pilot I would be saying, "show me the money!"

Latest resources

Back